Help me decide on St Croix Crankbait Rod

I'm looking for a rod that can handle 6 and 8XDs with an occasional 10XD mixed in. Mainly this will be for my trip to El Salto in June but also moving forward it might help me to crank more locally.

i'm trying to compare:

New LTB Magnum Cranker 8'8"

and

New 7'11" Legend Glass Cranker that is heavy power but moderate action. Both rods have the same 1 3/8oz lure rating max.

Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions?
    Last edited by sofakingbigbass; 03-22-2019 at 06:49 PM.

2. Member
    The Legend Glass 7'11 Heavy Moderate would be great for 6XD and 8XD. It will handle an occasional 10XD but wouldn't be the best one for it. Being that this is a glass rod I wouldn't suggest trying to throw a swimbait on it.
    www.tackletrap.com
    256-281-6160
    Sales - The Tackle Trap
    2001 Ranger 518VX
    2001 Mercury Optimax 200
    Tackle Junkie

3. Member
    Any other feedback or reviews of either rod?

4. Member
    i own the lighter action models and the new chatter bait legend glass but have not used the longer options, tackletour did a review of the 8'8 model that might be worth a look at though.

5. Moderator
    I fished the LTB Mag Cranker, for years, when it was a 7'10" rod. It was the correct action for what you're looking for...I just haven't touched the 8'8"...the specs are the same, minus the length...not that that is guarantee that it fishes the same.
    Steve

6. Member
    it looks like i am just focusing on a rod for 6xd size class baits - i am now comparing the LT Glass that is a bit heavier (6.1 oz) and the LTB Big Cranker 7'8" Mod MH and weighs only 5.2oz

any thoughts or feedback?

7. Member
    I LOVE my LTB 7'8 MH Mod for cranks up to about a dt-16/6xd. Any more than that and i'd look to for a heavier powered rod, like the 7'11 H glass.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    I LOVE my LTB 7'8 MH Mod for cranks up to about a dt-16/6xd. Any more than that and i'd look to for a heavier powered rod, like the 7'11 H glass.
    I agree.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"