Beaver Lake, Springdale Area Questions..help please..

My wife has a good opportunity...... To transfer to the Springdale/Fayetteville, AR area. It looks like we might be doing this.

I like living on the water. As long as I can be on the water, I think I will be OK up there considering the financials of her promotion.

It looks like Beaver Lake is the only large body of water. I can't find a lot of information on the lake. I think we are going up to look at houses there. I want a house on the water with decent fishing.

I fish with a real estate salesman. It's their job, but they seem to focus you on the positives of the property and their general sales area....... Some are more interested in selling than what is really right for you...

What's Beaver Lake like? Do the levels fluctuate a lot where waterfront is not always waterfront??? We will probably look at the end of the lake toward Springdale because of her commute.....

Thanks.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

Water levels do fluctuate. Won't be problem for a house as none of them are built within the high water mark. Most houses are built on bluffs or hills and are quite a ways above the lake and you'll have to either rent a stall or build a dock if you want to dock your boat. Lake is managed by the Corps of Engineers.

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Beaver Lake is the first lake in a chain of lakes along the White River.
    Under Beaver Lake Dam is Table Rock Lake, Under the Table Rock Dam is Tanycomo, under Tanycomo ,is Bull Shoals.
    you will also only be a short drive from some great Oklahoma Lakes like Grand and Hudson..

wish i could help with housing questions , sorry

4. Member
    To add to what Steve said, the confusing part is that the dam is on the north end of Beaver. I'm the last person you want advice from for fishing Beaver but I tend to stay on the southern end. Mainly because I live down there so it's closer, the water is usually more stained (gets clearer the closer to the dam you get) and last, I fish out of a flat bottom so I don't like running the entire lake. Pretty decent crappie fishing on Beaver, bass (large, small and spots) ain't too bad but completely different fishing than what you're probably used to in Florida (no grass), people catch some big stripers and the walleye aren't bad either if you know how to catch them which I sure don't. There's also really good trout fishing in the area that you'll need to try sometime. Here's a link to the weekly fishing report, just scroll down or click "Northwest Arkansas" to see Beaver's report:
    https://www.agfc.com/en/news/2019/03...-83/#Northwest
    Also, the report mentions Southtown Sporting Goods, feel free to stop in there or call and ask them. They're really good folks and I'm sure will help you any way they can as well. All the best!

I live about an hour south of Fayetteville close to Fort Smith but I’ve never been on Beaver. I’ve heard the fishing can be very tough. Beautiful lake to live and play on though. Pretty easy drive to get to table rock, grand, Tenkiller, or the Arkansas river if you want better fishing. You will enjoy the area. It’s beautiful in the fall.