Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Bigger is better. Check your trays and make sure you can fit a 31.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cullum View Post
    Bigger is better. Check your trays and make sure you can fit a 31.
    You probably will need 2 new trays if you currently have 27's those will not work. with that said check Amazon I bought 2 they are plastic
    but work just fine. They are around 10.00 ea. getting the old trays are a little work but worth it.
    2012 Ranger Z518
    Motor Info:
    200 XS
    Serial number 1B882317
    Model number 1200P73EY

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscatfrank View Post
    If money is no concern, I agree. Those are great batteries. I bought the AGM starting battery and three of the Duracell conventional DC batteries from Sam's two years ago and they have performed very well.
    Not really looking to spend more than 120 for each battery and heard very good things about sams battery. Also have no idea what I’m really doing when it comes to battery’s

It doesn't seem to matter what you buy, because somebody will chime in and say those ones are NFG. The size you get should depend on the room you have in your boat. I managed to squeeze 29's in mine (same footprint as a 27), but any taller and I'd have had to get the Sawzall involved.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

5. Member
    anyone have input on these?

Screenshot_2019-03-20-04-04-41-1-229x350.png

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 518RangerJeff View Post
    You probably will need 2 new trays if you currently have 27's those will not work. with that said check Amazon I bought 2 they are plastic
    but work just fine. They are around 10.00 ea. getting the old trays are a little work but worth it.
    I do have the 27s should I just rebuy them so I don’t have to get new trays? Don’t want drill more holes. Sorry I didn’t even think of the 31s being bigger in size

7. Member
    I would go to your local Interstate Batteries...take your boat...and have them put the biggest ones in that will fit. That has never failed me!

8. Member
    You should by two, Interstate are great batteries.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    MCA and CA have no bearing on trolling motor batteries other than, if the CA is lower the reserve minutes will probably be higher which is exactly what is needed for TM batteries, high reserve minutes, disregard the CA spec unless you are using it for the cranking motor
    Your as bad as I'm, did you not read my post above saying I read his first post wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12