Installing lighting in rt188

Looking for any tips, advice from guys who have installed led lighting in compartments.

2. Member
    Man, I used some of those sticky strip LED lights and hardwired em to the block that activated the light at your leg. I don't have pics of the underside anymore, but I do have one of the Rigid light I put on the console in teh same way. It's easy and i'm no good at electronics. (yeh its a triton sue me :)

The box lights help a lot.

IMG_7303.jpg

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m cheap, and didn’t want to hardwire anything so I went to Big Lots (or their website) and got a couple different different LEDs. The one I like the best is the one that looks like a light switch. They have a few styles, can be mounted just about anyway you want, and are battery operated so no wiring involved.

Theyre also cheap, so when they go out, simply replace them! Take a look at big lots website, just search led and you will see the different styles.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I’m cheap, and didn’t want to hardwire anything so I went to Big Lots (or their website) and got a couple different different LEDs. The one I like the best is the one that looks like a light switch. They have a few styles, can be mounted just about anyway you want, and are battery operated so no wiring involved.

Theyre also cheap, so when they go out, simply replace them! Take a look at big lots website, just search led and you will see the different styles.
    Yep I plan on doing the same. Look for some cheap push button LED's. Mindless install and maintenance...and I bet they are sufficient for the job.

5. Banned
    LEDs are polarity sensitive. Otherwise relatively easy to install.