Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Favorite Concert?

What is the best concert you have ever attended?

A bunch of great ones for me but the best was probably Pink Floyd on the Division Bell tour in 1994 at the Pontiac Silverdome. They played Dark Side of the Moon for the second set start to end, the entire record.

Second place goes to a Tool concert a couple of years ago with Primus as their opener.

Third was when I won tickets to see Van Halen on the 1984 tour, got to get on stage during sound check and meet Alex, Eddie, and Michael. DLR was off doing his diva thing I guess.

2. Member
    Been to hundreds of concerts and it would be impossible to pick one favorite. There all different. some are visual, some are musical, some are both ,some are just fun. How do you compare Floyd, Stones, Who, Zep, Cold Play, Mc Cartney, Keith urban, Kenny Chesney, Muddy Waters, CFO, etc? All very good at what they do all different in how its done.
    Please release me,let me go.

Too many to pick from. From Hendrix, Cream Etc,Etc, in the 60's to David Gilmore 2017 i wouldn't be able to pick just one.

4. Member
    November 7, 1972 Yes Close the the Edge tour in Pittsburgh
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

5. Member
    Heart, right after they released their second album, in a five thousand seat auditorium. I saw most every band of the 70's/80's/early 90's except the Stones.

6. Member
    Rolling Stones/J. Geils, 1982, soccer stadium in Naples, Italy while stationed there in the Navy.

7. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    It was probably one of my firsts real Concert. AC/DC backing up Ten Years After. Scott has Maccum on his shoulders running around the first 30 rows with 2 bouncers leading the way...Who the heck are these Guys...? They are Now Rock Legends.

Jeez that’s a tough one , I’ve been lucky enough to see so many good ones. Sometimes you see a show when the crowd and the band and the moment is just right and you know something special is happening, as a musician that’s what gets me going. I could care less to hear some popular singer stand on stage and sing it just like on the album and the band just go through the motions. I can’t pick my exact favorite but if I had to guess Warren Haynes was there.

9. Member
    Yeah I hear ya on that one!! I saw the Allman bros with Haynes and Trucks on guitars back in 2004 and it was electric!! I didn't realize how good it was until I listened to the Cd that they sold after the show from that night. Incredible energy!!

Pink Floyd Division Bell Tour Tampa FL

Quote Originally Posted by JJ200sx View Post
    Yeah I hear ya on that one!! I saw the Allman bros with Haynes and Trucks on guitars back in 2004 and it was electric!! I didn't realize how good it was until I listened to the Cd that they sold after the show from that night. Incredible energy!!
    I saw them that summer too.... Warren did a full solo acoustic set to open, then the brothers did their thing for hours. Greg was pretty healthy and the band was cooking that night. Good times

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner6901 View Post
    I saw them that summer too.... Warren did a full solo acoustic set to open, then the brothers did their thing for hours. Greg was pretty healthy and the band was cooking that night. Good times
    Oh yeah! Greg's voice was on point. They played two whole sets, like 3 hrs of rocking blues.

13. Member
    I've been to many great ones, and some very disappointing ones. Just about most of them were 3 or more bands. Mountain,with bassist, Felix Pappalardi ,Jethro Tull, Three Dog Nite,and Neil Diamond. just a few that stand out as better live than studio. One regret was Phil Collins,total jerk and a waste of time and money. I don't go to concerts to listen to some one's political issues and then have the balls to ask for donations, while putting you in the spot light! He got the finger from me and watched us walk out with hundreds of others.Wife and her friends choice. Not mine @ $95.00 a pop.

14. Member
    The Who in Alpine Valley WI

Neil Diamond 1986 Poplar Grove.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

Rodney Atkins or Tracy Byrd.

17. Member
    The Damned in Tijuana at a place called Iguanas,truly a scary club. The Replacements in Boston in 86 or 87. Dio In 1984 blew my mind for theatrical value and showmanship. Took my sister to see Earth,Wind and fire for her birthday in 1985 and they put on a good show.
    Red Sox in 6!

1988, Slayer, and Motorhead #1 at a place called the Cameo in Miami beach.

A close second was the "Monsters of Rock" at the Orange Bowl in 89.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

19. Member
    1974 August Jam Charlotte, North Carolina...SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

I'd have to give it to Dio.
    Megadeath would be a close second.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast