Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    15 minutes early is "on time". In the FD, if you are "on time", you are "late". Been with me my whole life.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

2. Member
    Had to be in time for over 25 years then the company relaxed the rules....not me! It was nice to time arrival and departure for traffic flow.

3. Banned
    Man, most of y'all are wound wayyyyyy too tight.

4. Banned
    I see You paid Him back for turning OFF Your grammar/spelling check, well done

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    I hate being late. If I say I'll be there at say 9, I'll be there at 9. I don't even like to be early, will try my hardest to be there at the time I said by my watch.
    Years ago we went to visit friends in Illinois. I said we'd be there a 11 AM, give or take 10 minutes. We stayed at a hotel halfway and were late leaving in the morning.
    As we got closer I still thought I could do it; cruised at 100 mph for quite a few miles and pulled into their driveway at 11:05 by my watch.
    Wierd,that’s the way I roll too. Sit in the truck and wait if I’m early. Never late though!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter bite View Post
    sheesh... and you guys constantly bitch about millennials and their work habits all the time, yet justify your tardiness with lame excuses. Seems your generation taught them well. #sad

Wait until somebody gets their shit stolen and they do a thread.. You'll read excerpts like: "Frickin' Thieves!!!" and then You find out that particular poster is @work, on the clock...

Ah,
    Steve came in at 9:30-10, had breakfast
    smoked 2 cigarettes out back. Left for lunch at 11:30
    (usually it’s a 2 hour lunch to let the dog out)
    but he never called or came back today.

We are slow, and I don’t know what he’s
    working on if any thing.
    there no good morning or talking to him.
    you never know if he’s in a good or bad mood.
    i look at it this way
    hes the buffer if there’s a lay off. Lol

8. Banned
    An ode to 'Steve'... (reads as if 'Steve' has it licked....)

It’s funny you say that
    He quits 3-4 times a year or throws out he’s looking

one guy told him
    if your looking for a job we’re you come in at 9-10 am
    take a 2 hour lunch, leave early and do nothing.
    you already have that one job. Lol

Ranting incoherently

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Give him a big raise and stick him in his own office to where he is not as noticeable. Can't believe companies keep lots of people the way they are now days.
    Ever watch the show "The Profit". Some of today's companies are so mis managed its down right embarrassing.I think the reason most companies keep these type of employees are they know their replacement employee is no better than the one you are letting go.jmo
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

Try coming in when you feel like it and weigh your fish.

13. Member
    It's called a work schedule. Adhere to the schedule or your outta there. In my opinion a good worker doesn't play that card. Being on time is just one element of being a good employee.

14. Member
    I owned my own business & I was never late started at 7:00 AM Monday thru Saturday! he would be gone.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wentbroketryingtogopro View Post
    Ever watch the show "The Profit". Some of today's companies are so mis managed its down right embarrassing.I think the reason most companies keep these type of employees are they know their replacement employee is no better than the one you are letting go.jmo

I used to do work on a house owned by a Kemper VP. He said most companies survive inspite of themselves when talking about employees.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wentbroketryingtogopro View Post
    Never seen The Profit. Have not watched lots of movies that have been out. Have regular TV, and don't watch much on it.

17. Banned
    Yep, I work with some left wing zombies. They complain, run and tell, are late, leave early, and try to be the boss. Its f ing ridiculous!! Lets say I nipped that BS in the bud!

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Wait until somebody gets their shit stolen and they do a thread.. You'll read excerpts like: "Frickin' Thieves!!!" and then You find out that particular poster is @work, on the clock...
    If The chair shiners stop posting when they are at work, the post count will drop drastically in the lounge.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Might be the case but when I worked at the paper mill, anyone new to operations would look at the tenders and operators lounging around, not doing much, and immediately think, "what a waste. These guys should be working." Then someone would point out that anytime the tenders were loafing, it's good news because the machines are running well and the company is making money. If they're busy, then it means something's gone wrong and the company is losing money.

But then again, the pulp and paper industry is just a mere shadow of what it was just 25 years ago so maybe their management philosophies aren't the best ones to emulate.

20. Member
    Used to always be early for everything. Drives me crazy to be late to anything. Got married almost 17 years ago and have been late to anything that the wife is involved in ever since!! I'm a dentist and I always hear "I don't have time to brush my teeth in the mornings". My response is always to just get up 2 minutes earlier and you'll have time...they can not comprehend the impossible though so it never happens.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast