Central/Southern IL water conditions

Gonna take a trip next week and am wondering about water conditions. Heard that Newton was high and muddy last weekend. It is supposed to be dry until Sunday but then a combined 3/4" of rain on Sunday and Monday. So if anybody has been out recently or heard about any lakes conditions in the central or southern part of the state, please share. Thanks for any info.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    The lakes I've visited this week. Decatur-muddy...….Sangchris-water has perfect color but plant has been down.....Shelbyville-muddy north end but gets better mid lake around eagle creek and better south. I did catch a nice 19 inch pre-spawn at Sangchris while crappie fishing.

Dale Sinclair original

3. Member
    Been seeing some nice posts from Newton https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1
    Please release me,let me go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    Been seeing some nice posts from Newton https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1
    Can't see the link. Thanks though. Same- local.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

5. Member
    Guy holding 2 big ones.
    I've never had a bad time at Newton.

've never had a bad time at Newton.
    I did last year at this time. High, chocolate milk water. Cedar was also very poor with 48 degree water. LOL- I'd rather stay home and fish Braidwood instead of those conditions again.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

7. Member
    Egypt has been good water was 58 degrees up by plant but most of main lake was 51 bass was biting good water color was good until you got on down the lake but bass didnt care. Probably heading to Newton sunday

Sangchris, Newton and Coffeen have been pretty good from the reports I have heard over the last two weeks

9. Member
    I'm doing Braidwood this weekend. Newton next week.

I'm doing Braidwood this weekend. Newton next week.
    Braidwood Saturday and Newton next Wednesday and Thursday for me.

Thanks fellas for the info.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

11. Member
    Fished last weekend on egypt it was our first time as we normally went to KY lake early march but decided to give it a try. The lake is really nice I was impressed, we decided to donate our money into the big bass blast last saturday only to catch a 5.4 and 4.2 on Sunday which would have put us in the money on both fish. Just took us a little longer to figure out. We went away from the plant as there were less fisherman and the water temps when we were there were pretty close to each other. I can't believe how much pressure these little lakes get on the weekends, between the big bass tournement and the other tournements there had to be 200 boats which is kind of a joke to try and find a spot to fish on. Anyway water was very stained where we were fishing and the bite was slow but did manage to get a couple of nice ones. All in all we will go back next year as I see no need to drive past it to KY lake anymore.

12. Member
    Went to Braidwood Saturday. Boated 12 fish. 2 17's biggest was 3.6lb. 2 15's biggest was 2.8lb. Rest were all 13-14 including the first cast of the year cat at 13 inches. Place was packed.

13. Member
    I am planning to check out lake shelby next Sunday. Never been there will be bank fishing, boat rental at open yet. Sounds like we will check the dam first, any suggestions would be great.
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

Went to Braidwood Saturday. Boated 12 fish. 2 17's biggest was 3.6lb. 2 15's biggest was 2.8lb. Rest were all 13-14 including the first cast of the year cat at 13 inches. Place was packed.
    Sounds about like my day out there. Boats everywhere. Just about the busiest I've ever seen it. I literally waited in line to fish some areas. It was rewarding to go in right behind people and catch fish they missed.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

Quote Originally Posted by Grapela View Post
    Fished last weekend on egypt it was our first time as we normally went to KY lake early march but decided to give it a try. The lake is really nice I was impressed, we decided to donate our money into the big bass blast last saturday only to catch a 5.4 and 4.2 on Sunday which would have put us in the money on both fish. Just took us a little longer to figure out. We went away from the plant as there were less fisherman and the water temps when we were there were pretty close to each other. I can't believe how much pressure these little lakes get on the weekends, between the big bass tournement and the other tournements there had to be 200 boats which is kind of a joke to try and find a spot to fish on. Anyway water was very stained where we were fishing and the bite was slow but did manage to get a couple of nice ones. All in all we will go back next year as I see no need to drive past it to KY lake anymore.
    Nice job. Sounds like a fun weekend.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

16. Member
    [QUOTE=Junk Fisherman;10153082]Sounds about like my day out there. Boats everywhere. Just about the busiest I've ever seen it. I literally waited in line to fish some areas. It was rewarding to go in right behind people and catch fish they missed.[/QUOTE
    I like when the blow by me with my 25hp and I show up and start catching. Happens a lot. Slow and steady wins the prize. There were so many boats with people fishing where I have never seen anyone fishing. Maybe crappie? Also a lot of boats just zooming around.