2002 Mercury 150

Our Champion has a 2002 150, carburetor type... It was reported to have had a power head put on it in late 2014 or early 2015... I don't have any documentation for that. Whoever did that or maybe at a later time, the oil delivery tank was removed. Could the oil injection have failed and that could have been the reason for a new power head? I would like to take this to a marine dealer near us reported to be a good service place by a close friend of ours. He has a Mercury on his boat. So I only just today realized the tank isn't on it.

So is the oil injection a problem with the Mercury of this age. I don't even know what model it is. I only found an emission sticker indicating its in the family of 2M9xm02.51CD.... I don't think that's a model number. Where is a model number tag on it. Never did see one. I'm only guessing its a XR something. It runs pretty good and has compression 130 to 124, so it would seem its fairly new in use, even though its replacement was done 5-6 years ago, and reported to have set in a storage facility during the last years until we bought it..

Any pointers regarding oil tank and adding it back or not, I would really like to go back to an oil tank injection system if its considered to be reliable and not a liability. For all I know it was some past owners personal preference to not have it.
    What say you?
    Last edited by hankll; 03-20-2019 at 01:45 AM. Reason: delete duplicate message thread

2. Member
    Moderator, please delete this duplicate thread... I haven't found a delete function, yet. If you could, place a link for me to learn how to do a delete.
    Last edited by hankll; 03-20-2019 at 09:06 AM.