Adapter Plate Compatibility

Hello! I have a 1992 Black Max 150 2.0L and as I知 replacing the power head I知 finding clues which tell me it has been swapped before with a very early 2.0L style block. The current block and adapter plate have the large, almost triangle style exhaust ports and the block I知 installing has the regular square exhaust ports. Can I use my adapter plate with the large ports with my block which has the smaller ports? It looks like the gaskets will seal but I知 wondering if I値l lose performance due to lack of back pressure or inefficient flow. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

2. Member
    Looks to me that you will have an exhaust leak where the port widens out on the adapter plate but if you're sure the gasket will seal,I don't see any performance problems going from little port to big. I would use some red hi temp rtv on the gasket and let it sit a couple days before starting.

3. Member
    need to find matching adapter plate and tuner for powerhead your using
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    need to find matching adapter plate and tuner for powerhead your using

Okay, I'll pick up an adapter to match the block. Thanks for the help!