How to Dislodge Lures using Heavy Braid?

How do you guys dislodge a lure or A-rig using heavy braided line...heavy gloves?, wrap line around a stick?
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

2. Member
    Boat cleat or wrapped around my long nose pliers.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

I took an old rod and cut if off at the first eye. Mounted an old bait casting reel with heavy duty string on it and put a plug knocker on to it. Works great for knocking any lures off stumps, etc.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

4. Member
    Either use a plug knocker or wrap the line around a boat cleat.

5. Member
    Have a piece of a broom handle I keep in the boat just for this reason or as stated above you can wrap around your needle nose pliers

6. Member
    Once you start noticing its going to get hung, don't pull. TM to the back side, give a quick yank and most times it will come free. The last thing you want to is just start pulling once it starts to get hung. Then you're screwed..

I've started doing this and get hung (permanently) a lot less. It helps is switch to light wire hooks on your A rigs. You can slowly pull the 60 lb braid and straighten the hung one and bend back or replace as needed vs. loosing the entire rig.

The last thing is a pole style lure retriever allows you to push/pull to get it free.

And as an absolute last resort the braid around boat cleat and hit the gas trick works but you typically lose the rig if it's hung that bad.