Installing Ram mount near console...@#$& foam!

I liked having my helix 10 up closer to me and adjustable to how I am fishing on a previous boat. Now rigging the new Z519 and it is filled with foam....no access to that floor board.

I have decided the best approach is to remove just enough foam that I can get to the closest edge of the floor board then just screw it on there.

Any other ideas? I don’t want to cut through the side of the foot well as it likely will have foam there as well.

I tried cutting the foam with a serrated steak knife and progress is slow. Looking for any tips and suggestions.

2. Member
    I have a BBT mount for my Helix 10 on a glass 188. It puts it right front and center and I'm very pleased with the location yes I can only tilt it up or down but I've had no issues with location. Picture was before my recessed TM pedal cutout.

Nice clean install...

4. Member
    Title of thread should be near the BOW not console.

Cestratton nice plate. Certainly a consideration. BBT does good work.

Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    I liked having my helix 10 up closer to me and adjustable to how I am fishing on a previous boat. Now rigging the new Z519 and it is filled with foam....no access to that floor board.

I have decided the best approach is to remove just enough foam that I can get to the closest edge of the floor board then just screw it on there.

Any other ideas? I don’t want to cut through the side of the foot well as it likely will have foam there as well.

I tried cutting the foam with a serrated steak knife and progress is slow. Looking for any tips and suggestions.
    Can you remove the bow panel to access under floor and bolt a mount to the floor (like I did in the picture)?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by darleyhavidson; 03-21-2019 at 10:58 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darleyhavidson View Post
    Can you remove the bow panel to access under floor and bolt a mount to the floor (like I did in the picture)?
    Yes bow plate can be removed but the cavity is completely filled with foam giving no access to the floorboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    Yes bow plate can be removed but the cavity is completely filled with foam giving no access to the floorboard.
    I see. I had rod tubes in my way. It probably wouldn't take too much to carve out a little pocket in the flotation foam to accomplish what you are after. Good luck