Maercry SmartCraft System Monitor

2012 Mercury 225 ProXS, S/N 1B863738 on a 2012 Z119 Ranger. I have a Mercury SmartCraft System Monitor on my boat (the square one) and the coolant temperature does not show up on the display when I scroll through the modes. When I power on the first thing that pops up is 3.04 STNL. That error code is not in the operation Manual. Also the trim mode comes up but does not show the trim position (I have a separate trim gage that works). The hours used, gal/h , oil psi (symbol only), volts, rpm and water pressure display correctly. If I do a Master Reset will I lose the engine accumulated engine hours? Do you think this will fix the eng. temp? It has never worked since I purchased the boat in 2013. I have read so much about cold starts that I really want to see engine temp.

Bill

Guys , I really would like a answer to my problem with the MercurySmartCraft System Monitor. The fact that it doesn't show any symbol for engine temperature is my main concern.
    If I can't get that to work would you suggest another option. I think a MercMonitor Level 1or 2 would be my choice but I have no experience with it. Can I use the existing cable from my engine for a MercMonitor?
    I have read so much about cold starts that it scares me not to have engine temp!
    Bill

3. 1sharphook
    A master reset will not affect your engine hours. I can only surmise hours are stored in your engine control module (ECM).

Have you verified that your coolant temperature display is set to on in your Cal 1 calibration screen?

1. Engine Serial Number - 1B992710
    2. Year/Make/Model - 2013/Mercury/1150F23HD
    3. Prop you are Running - 48-898998 19P
    4. Current Maximum RPM - 5722
    5. Idle and WOT Water Pressure Readings - 3.7 PSI and 27 PSI
    6. Smartcraft or Analog Instruments? - Smartcraft

Quote Originally Posted by stratoblaster View Post
    2012 Mercury 225 ProXS, S/N 1B863738 on a 2012 Z119 Ranger. I have a Mercury SmartCraft System Monitor on my boat (the square one) and the coolant temperature does not show up on the display when I scroll through the modes. When I power on the first thing that pops up is 3.04 STNL. That error code is not in the operation Manual. Also the trim mode comes up but does not show the trim position (I have a separate trim gage that works). The hours used, gal/h , oil psi (symbol only), volts, rpm and water pressure display correctly. If I do a Master Reset will I lose the engine accumulated engine hours? Do you think this will fix the eng. temp? It has never worked since I purchased the boat in 2013. I have read so much about cold starts that I really want to see engine temp.

Bill
    3.04 STNL is the software version, not an error code. I agree with 1sharphook about checking cal 1 to make sure temp display is enabled. Trim will not register on the mercmonitor from the stock trim sender (that runs you separate gauge), there's a different sensor needed but I don't remember the specifics right now.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Thanks for the information. It worked, I now have the temp.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by stratoblaster View Post
    Thanks for the information. It worked, I now have the temp.

Bill
    I keep mine on temp all the time. I have a tach in the dash so I don't need that, and occasionally i will use the water pressure to make sure my analog gauge is close, but temp is the priority.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

7. Member
    Hours will not be reset, they are PCM values displayed on your monitor.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Be careful when getting into Calibration settings- these types of problems popping up mean that someone was monkeying with them (it's difficult to do that "accidentally").

Of course- I've seen a couple cases where a buddy decided to play a prank... honestly, I don't see the humor in that one.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor