Lakepoint Marina State Park Lodge on Eufaula

How secure is the lodge? Staying there in a few weeks and would like to know if I need to order a locker bar or another type of security device for my boat. Also, is there a place to plug in and charge your batteries? Thanks

2. Member
    It gets a lot of traffic from bass boat folks. I am 99% sure on the plug ins for charge. I would suggest some sort of extra security, other than compartment locks. Watch out for gators, they are everywhere. The small ones will bit a spinner bait and then momma comes to their rescue. I'm being serious here (about the gators).

3. Member
    Never had an issue at the lodge or the cabins. I would suggest that locker bar would be insurance that a thief would skip your boat and go to the next boat anywhere regardless of where you are.
    Joey Aderhold

Thanks for the info, I have fished the lake before but stayed at the camp ground down south and had the boat right next to me. Wasn’t sure about the lodge. Definitely not a fan of gators. Even after fishing Okeechobee several times, I still don’t like them near my boat. I’m always afraid they’re going to jump in and eat me. Haha

5. Member
    I was at the park last week. Its pretty well lit at nite, and i have neve had a problem there, but we always bring our rods in and take our graphs off at nite since we dont have a locker bar or anything similar.

There is a row in the parking lot for boats, with power hookups for chargers, but be very sure to check to mak sure they work. We had trouble with one, one nite. We plugged in and it was charging, but when we checked it after dinner it had tripped and quit, so i had to find a diffrent outlet to use. Another guy on our trip had same,problem, but didnt realize it til late next afternoon when the tm was dying and cranking battery wouldnt turn over motor, even with jumper cables to a tm battery.

I've never had a problem at lake point... Rooms are always nice... Staff is always nice... Always been a great place..but one thing you must do before you...do not park your boat along the back row and plug it up...bring a long extension cord, extra long and park in the middle. You park along the back and you'll come home with ants all in your boat and truck...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

7. Member
    Never stayed st the lodge. Just got back and stayed at the cottages. Have stayed at the cabins in passed. Never had a problem but alway try take care of my stuff.

Thanks for all the input guys. It’s much appreciated