Thread: Champion 198

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Congrats on your purchase Rick! I know you'll love it!! I'll be in your neck of the woods Memorial weekend. Got a grandson graduating in Weatherford on that Saturday, then headed for my sister's place on Moss Lake for the rest of the weekend. Don't know yet if I'll bring my boat or not. My nephew (sister's son) lives a few miles west of Valley View on FM922, about half way to Era. He's a Paramedic at Denton FD.

2. Member
    Yes sirs, this is Sandy Cains old boat, what a nice guy....in his 80s now and said his balance is not the best these days. Said he was afraid of falling in head first. I meet him in person tomorrow for the boat exchange. Let me know if you guys want me to give him a message.........

Thanks Reggie, welcome to my neighborhood, have fished Moss 8 to 10 times over the years. We are 6 miles east of VV off 922.
    Last edited by vvrick; 03-21-2019 at 09:12 PM.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vvrick View Post
    ...Let me know if you guys want me to give him a message.........
    Sure, tell him we said HI!. Fred & I met him at the 2003 TOC on Sam Rayburn. He and I swapped some e-mails after that, but haven't heard from him in years. His son or daughter & son-in-law moved here and was part of a medical practice. I believe he was a neurologist or neurosurgeon. I've long since deleted the e-mails.

Sandy (right) and his partner at the 03 TOC with his 196

DSC00457.JPG

ChampioNman & friend at the 03 TOC

Fred_Bird.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12