Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I had 2008 6.4 and never had an issue with it. 125k miles when I sold it. Did the EGR delete and a couple of other mods.
    I had custom tuned. It was a beast. I seen near 58 psi boost during one run. The sequential turbo's had very little lag.
    Fuel economy wasn't that great, but none were back than. It ran a best of 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. 4 wheel drive launch. It ate many muscle cars if they even squeaked a tire on launch.
    It was a reliable truck for me.
    That is a sharp truck!
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Any opinion on the 6.7 ?
    I will let him give his opinion on it before I give mine.. I can only judge on what we have sold and serviced here

3. Member
    The 6.7 pulls hard. At first wasn't many issues that were not self induced. ( water/diesel in def tanks). I dnt work on them any longer but do see that they have some issues with def system, egr coolers and occasional turbo. Better engine then 6.4 by far.
    Semper Fi

4. Member
    Oh and they SUCK to work on.
    Semper Fi

5. Banned
    Love my '05 F-350 6.0 psd. Currently stock, but it's time for a new oil cooler so going to go ahead and delete the EGR while I'm at it. There's no better sounding diesel on the road!

My F350.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I will let him give his opinion on it before I give mine.. I can only judge on what we have sold and serviced here
    Waiting JT...interested in your take.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wicknilly View Post
    Love my '05 F-350 6.0 psd. Currently stock, but it's time for a new oil cooler so going to go ahead and delete the EGR while I'm at it. There's no better sounding diesel on the road!

My F350.JPG
    If you're going to remove the EGR, do the complete bulletproofing job.

You have some great PowerStroke mechanics and tuners in the Atlanta area. I'm running a D-P Tuner out of Houschton, and Jody really knows his PowerStrokes.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Waiting JT...interested in your take.
    Much like above .. it can be s decent motor .. once you mod it and delete stuff .. if your going to call things good after you re engineer it everything made is good lol

We are having pretty constant issues with the motors not going into regen.. in turn clogging the particulate filter .. not cheap .. seen a few turbo issues

Might not be an issue else where but here our emmisions can’t be taken off or deleted so your stuck stock or need to unmod your motor every 12 months for a sticker

Much like above .. it can be s decent motor .. once you mod it and delete stuff .. if your going to call things good after you re engineer it everything made is good lol

We are having pretty constant issues with the motors not going into regen.. in turn clogging the particulate filter .. not cheap .. seen a few turbo issues

Might not be an issue else where but here our emmisions can’t be taken off or deleted so your stuck stock or need to unmod your motor every 12 months for a sticker
    Leaving my 6.7 stock...way more than enough power to pull the boat..so if im using DEF...im regening?

What year is your truck ?

17 you can’t even force one .. computer will decide when hopefully.. issues I am having is on older models that I can’t even force a regen.. some 15-16 had an issue with horrible vibrations while in auto regen I have heard about but have not seen personally

17 you can’t even force one .. computer will decide when hopefully.. issues I am having is on older models that I can’t even force a regen.. some 15-16 had an issue with horrible vibrations while in auto regen I have heard about but have not seen personally
    haven't had any obvious issues...it uses DEF about the same as my 2014...so far been really good vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    haven't had any obvious issues...it uses DEF about the same as my 2014...so far been really good vehicle.
    I hope this one treats you just as well !!

15. Member

lolol there are bone stock hot shot trucks with 400k+ and emissions intact not to mention the infamous 800k one. Have you even seen a deleted one? Emissions suck but it has proven to be a reliable setup as a whole.
    1995 Xpress Pro 56
    Suzuki DT150

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Any opinion on the 6.7 ?
    Overall stout. Ford desperately needed a hit after the 6.0 and 6.4.

Not all encompassing but issues off the top of my head

2011MY glow plugs breaking, turbo failure.
    2011-2014 turbo failure

15+ MY has a better turbo and higher volume hpfp which means more powa. Both are common upgrades on 11-14. Turbo requires a retrofit kit.

cp4 fuel pump is very sensitive and prone to failure from contaminants. Which wipes out whole fuel system. Change fuel filters every 10k and quality fuel.

misc- radiators leaking, sticking brake calipers, cab body mounts on high mile trucks.

They are a lot of fun if in a delete friendly state.
    1995 Xpress Pro 56
    Suzuki DT150

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12