Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Skeeterzx190

360 mega release date?

Anyone heard if they’re going to be releasing anytime soon a new 360 mega?

Nothing was said by Humminbird when I asked at the Classic.

3. Skeeterzx190
    Bummer. Got to be coming soon.

they need to find something to compete with livescope. mega 360 wont be enough
    2017 Phoenix 919 Pro-XP 225 Mercury Pro-XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS24-7 View Post
    they need to find something to compete with livescope. mega 360 wont be enough

No need to
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    No need to
    why do you think that?

7. Member
    In my opinion there’s nothing wrong with the current one . It works great as long as there are no software bugs to glitch it.

8. Member
    live view works well when boat is still and you have to point the troller in the direction you want to see. 360 gives you a view around the entire boat, even if you are on spot lock.

i have both and the boat doesn't have to be still with livescope. With 360 you may see the fish but cant tell their depth because it an overhead view. i can use livescope to point at anything on 360 and confirm exactly what is there. but it is easier to follow a grass line or creek channel with 360 but with live scope you can tell the difference between different species of fish easier and how they react to your lure and can be more precise with your presentation. they both have their positives and negatives but live imaging is by far better technology the refresh rate on 360 has you behind by about 8 seconds due to refresh rate. using spotlock 360 has an advantage but if you set livescope up to turn by hand you can point it where you want it. i use both and the 360 i use to locate isolated brush or rocks that are outside of the livescope view but as far as once the fish is located livescope is by far better for putting your lure right on his head. its like sight fishing year round

10. Member
    The Technological Angler said something new is going to be announced tomorrow. No idea if it's anything to do with 360.

11. Member
    I'm perfectly happy with my current 360 and want nothing to do with any of the current live technology out there. Sure it's a cool toy but do I want to have to aim it with the tm? Nope I'm spot locked way to much for that. Do I want to fiddle with aiming it by hand? Nope. I'll wait a few seconds for the next refresh and cast where I see the stump, rock, fish, etc was 1 second ago. Do I want to buy a Garmin unit? Absolutely not.

Now if humminbird figures out how to make a live 360 image, you bet I'd be all over it once it's been out a while.

More than likely when the 360 is updated it will be some sort of mega 360 but it'd have to offer almost equal clarity to mega si and di in order for me to justify changing

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cards21 View Post
    The Technological Angler said something new is going to be announced tomorrow. No idea if it's anything to do with 360.
    They need a solarmax type screen for solix. The lowrance/simrad screen blows away the solix on viewing from angles, especially with polarized lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I'm perfectly happy with my current 360 and want nothing to do with any of the current live technology out there. Sure it's a cool toy but do I want to have to aim it with the tm? Nope I'm spot locked way to much for that. Do I want to fiddle with aiming it by hand? Nope. I'll wait a few seconds for the next refresh and cast where I see the stump, rock, fish, etc was 1 second ago. Do I want to buy a Garmin unit? Absolutely not.

Now if humminbird figures out how to make a live 360 image, you bet I'd be all over it once it's been out a while.

More than likely when the 360 is updated it will be some sort of mega 360 but it'd have to offer almost equal clarity to mega si and di in order for me to justify changing
    All you gave to do is add one of the many poles that are offered. The major difference is 360 is always history and it has to be learned to be read.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    They need a solarmax type screen for solix. The lowrance/simrad screen blows away the solix on viewing from angles, especially with polarized lenses.
    My Gen2 solix screen is much easier to see than the gen 1. I haven't noticed the glare/reflection issue with this one either. By comparing the screens beside each other there is no doubt it's a different screen.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    My Gen2 solix screen is much easier to see than the gen 1. I haven't noticed the glare/reflection issue with this one either. By comparing the screens beside each other there is no doubt it's a different screen.
    Compare a solarmax screen side by side with a solix, its not even close. I can view my 7" simrad screen from darn near 90 degrees away, the Solix you need to be lined up pretty good.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Compare a solarmax screen side by side with a solix, its not even close. I can view my 7" simrad screen from darn near 90 degrees away, the Solix you need to be lined up pretty good.
    Disagree. Viewing is great on the Solix
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    All you gave to do is add one of the many poles that are offered. The major difference is 360 is always history and it has to be learned to be read.
    Like I said I don't want to be fiddling with aiming it by hand. True the 360 is always history but I've had no problems catching fish chasing bait across flats.. Do you think I could sit on the edge of a creek channel parallel to it, see when the bass push bait up on to the flat, and keep on them as they chase and feed with the live scope?

18. Skeeterzx190
    Didn’t mean to start a lowrance garmin Humminbird war. Really just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything concrete about a new 360. If years away then just doing so mega at bow. But if was year out then DI and save the money or 12” di vs 10”so

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterzx19 View Post
    Didn’t mean to start a lowrance garmin Humminbird war. Really just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything concrete about a new 360. If years away then just doing so mega at bow. But if was year out then DI and save the money or 12” di vs 10”so
    Humminbird is very good at controlling leaks of upcoming procucts .... won't know if anything is coming til shortly before it is released.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

20. Skeeterzx190
    Poor choice on their part as it would help customers purchase the correct equipment. Don’t have unlimited resources so have to buy wisely. Rather have new 360 mega or something then SI...can’t afford both but need one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast