Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    He would have gotten twice that if his last name was Musky instead of Trout.

Or His first name was 'Trouser'

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    That ought to get him close to what a Professional Fisherman can expect to make now days as fast as they are "Growing the Sport"

Quote Originally Posted by Basscatfrank View Post
    I see this deal being good for about the first 5 or 6 years, after that, not so much. Remember Albert Pujols contract?
    Well maybe they are buying about 8 years of solid production. Reminds me more of when A-Rod signed with Texas than Pujols with the Angels.

4. Member
    A great player? Absolutely, he is one of the best. But it is because of this that it is cost prohibitive for so many moms and dads to take their two or three kids to a game.

By using the U.S. inflation calculator, the $36 million today is equivalent to $11 million in 1980. No player made close to $11 milliion in that era. The top paid player in 1980 was Nolan Ryan at $1 million (equivalent to just over $3 million today), Dave Winfield in 1981 at $1.4 million and Mike Schmidt in 1982 at $1.5 million. These are reasonable salaries. Modern day sports salaries are out of control. I love professional sports and the guys should be making good salaries, but many are excessive.

5. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    He is now worth more than 6 NHL FRANCHISES!!! Insane. Nobody is worth that much.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    A great player? Absolutely, he is one of the best. But it is because of this that it is cost prohibitive for so many moms and dads to take their two or three kids to a game.

By using the U.S. inflation calculator, the $36 million today is equivalent to $11 million in 1980. No player made close to $11 milliion in that era. The top paid player in 1980 was Nolan Ryan at $1 million (equivalent to just over $3 million today), Dave Winfield in 1981 at $1.4 million and Mike Schmidt in 1982 at $1.5 million. These are reasonable salaries. Modern day sports salaries are out of control. I love professional sports and the guys should be making good salaries, but many are excessive.
    How much were the MLB franchises worth in 1981 and how much are they worth now?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post

I'd bet you really freak when you compare what TV contracts were then to now. Or what Owners made then vs now. MLB is a money making machine.

he will makes tons of money but they won't win a World Series , just my .02. I wish he would of waited and went to a contender.
    721 ​ProXp

One of if not the best in baseball and stuck on a team where he will probally never make it to the big show.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    The Yankess made Derek Jeter not the other way around......If Jeter plays for the Marlins or the A's do you think his career turns out the same?
    No matter where Jeter played he'd have been the same type of player. Consistent numbers and class. So far trout is consistent and classy himself.

Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    One of if not the best in baseball and stuck on a team where he will probally never make it to the big show.
    To say that in 12 years, the Angels have no chance is ridiculous.

Even the Cubs won a World Series; astounding, unexplainable miracles can, and do, happen.

Even the Cubs won a World Series; astounding, unexplainable miracles can, and do, happen.
    Thats what they said when they signed Pujols 7 or 8 years ago and Im not sure they have made any post season appearances
    I dont see this making any difference for their post season chance's either.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

13. Member
    And you wonder why we have to pay $50 - $60 bucks for "cheap seats", $10 for a hot dog, $15 bucks for a beer to watch a ball game...

14. Banned

No love...I'm hurt. praying

15. Member
    Man that's a lot of money getting paid $430 million for something you love to do, Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Ortiz is not even in the same neighborhood as Jeter even though he had the talent. His tantrums and hot dogging ruined him in the eye of the public. Trout's number up to this point is far ahead of anyone that has ever played MLB. Winning 2 MVP'S and finishing 2nd 4 times is unbelievable. His talent and numbers really stand out on such a mediocre team that may never play in a World Series.
    What planet are you from? Regarding your Big Papi comments.

17. Member
    I have lots a great memories watching Twins baseball, but the increased cost to do that has driven me away. Ticket prices as well as TV subscription prices are too much for my budget, especially to watch a team whose ownership has zero interest in any effort for a championship. At least there’s still free radio broadcasts....for now.

18. Banned
    Good for Mike Trout, he's worth whatever the market will bear. They couldn't melt Ortiz and pour him on Trout!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12