pump out switch ???

when i turn on my pump out,i set it on rec and turn it on and water pumps out about 4 inches but water come in on the other live well,is this normal,i have had some boats that shoot water out 2 feet,my pumps all seem to be working good

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    About normal from what I’ve seen. Although I fish 15-20 tournaments a year, that’s a feature I seldom use. Others love to use it, however. Are you pulling out the red valve in the livewell line, too?
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    yes sir, i pull the red valve out,i was just thinking water should not be coming in while i am pumping water out,i think its just the way they are made, thanks for the reply

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Is yours a new or used boat? I don’t believe water should be coming in either, given that you have the valve in “recirc” position. If the boat is used, you may have a valve or flapper going bad. And if so, addressing that issue might give you a little more velocity where water exits the hull.

5. Member
    no its a 2000 r83 and the guy i got it from installed the pump out,in the pump out mode my switch it not in the rec mode (my bad thinking)one side pumps it out but the other side is bring water in the live well my flappers are all new,must just be the way it is

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Gotcha. No telling how that aftermarket system works.

Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    no its a 2000 r83 and the guy i got it from installed the pump out,in the pump out mode my switch it not in the rec mode (my bad thinking)one side pumps it out but the other side is bring water in the live well my flappers are all new,must just be the way it is