Toledo Bend Help

I have not fished Toledo Bend in 20 years but work is going to have me in area so I am going fish this weekend. The last time I went they had just started re-marking boat lanes and you had to run very carefully. I will be fishing the bridge area. Several questions for those in the know please. Is it easy to run the boat lanes? What is the best chip for my Lowrance for TB? I do not want GPS points as finding fish is part of the fun for me, but I wouldn't mind some help in narrowing the search as I don't have a lot of time, so what stage are the majority of the mid-lake fish in (pre, during or post spawn)? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Best chip is Navionics , and yes the boat lanes are in fair shape with a few blown away bouys. Fish are in pre-spawn now, can be found in 1' to 5'. Good luck! Do NOT use the Lowrance maps for running the boat lanes some are wrong and will put you in the timber.
    Bill
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

3. Member
    I agree with Bill on the card. The Navionics card you want will either be the Navionics+ Regions South or the Hotmaps Platinum. Both have the same mapping, but Platinum includes satellite, 3D and panoramic views.

4. Member
    You can download the boatlanes @ boatlanes.com. I spent a lot of years up there til I sold the camp. Always ran the boatlanes by gps using the boatlanes download and never had a problem.

5. Member
    Thanks Bill!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpicinc View Post
    Best chip is Navionics , and yes the boat lanes are in fair shape with a few blown away bouys. Fish are in pre-spawn now, can be found in 1' to 5'. Good luck! Do NOT use the Lowrance maps for running the boat lanes some are wrong and will put you in the timber.
    Bill
    Thanks Captain!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo View Post
    I agree with Bill on the card. The Navionics card you want will either be the Navionics+ Regions South or the Hotmaps Platinum. Both have the same mapping, but Platinum includes satellite, 3D and panoramic views.
    JCDog - will check out boatlanes

8. Member
    navionics for maps
    boatlanes for boatlanes
    tommy martin chip for creek beds, structure, bridges, railroads, roadbeds, etc.

you can run them all at the same time and adjust your colors for each specific item.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    navionics for maps
    boatlanes for boatlanes
    tommy martin chip for creek beds, structure, bridges, railroads, roadbeds, etc.

you can run them all at the same time and adjust your colors for each specific item.
    Thanks BayouX

10. Member
    Yep, got my roadbeds black, creeks blue and boat lanes green

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Yep, got my roadbeds black, creeks blue and boat lanes green
    The Navionics Platinum worked well. I did not have time to download boatlanes but will do that next time. On Saturday however I did not need the chips as I was able to walk from boat to boat from the bridge to the back of both United and Lanan and never touch the water - me and 5 million fellow fisherman had a great time on the Toldeo