Thread: Truck prices!!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    i'm in the market this year for the first time in 19 years.. lol. Looking at the future this will be my only window of opportunity to be able to pay for it before my kids need their own.

Each day I change my mind at which one I want. I know my bottom line price though and I have found some in that range. I was sold on the new rams but as they are putting some miles on them I'm seeing more and more reports of issues. I have been chevy/gmc all my life and they have amazing deals at this time on the remaining 18's but everybody and their grandma have them here, plus thats our company vehicles and there are about 50 at work. And there is Ford. Never had one and do like the interior. I do not like the shifter on the console and that start/stop technology is a big turn off though. Tundra I've looked at but as far as comfort and driving they seem to come out last in all the rankings and testing of the others. Tough decision.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    The fact is...dealerships luuuuuuuvvvv that guy, just like they luv me and anyone else who comes in and leaves with a new truck.
    Dean, I don't doubt that one bit. However, I just find it hard to believe that so many guys are getting better deals than I can as an employee. I truly appreciate all the people buying Ford products.

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Dean, I don't doubt that one bit. However, I just find it hard to believe that so many guys are getting better deals than I can as an employee. I truly appreciate all the people buying Ford products.
    They're not...they just think they areand I luuuuvvv my 17 250 Kingranch....nicest truck I've ever had or been in.

I promise you....I paid out the azz!

4. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Hey, if you're going to spend $55K on a boat, you might as well spend that much on the boat hauler!
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    i'm in the market this year for the first time in 19 years.. lol. Looking at the future this will be my only window of opportunity to be able to pay for it before my kids need their own.

Each day I change my mind at which one I want. I know my bottom line price though and I have found some in that range. I was sold on the new rams but as they are putting some miles on them I'm seeing more and more reports of issues. I have been chevy/gmc all my life and they have amazing deals at this time on the remaining 18's but everybody and their grandma have them here, plus thats our company vehicles and there are about 50 at work. And there is Ford. Never had one and do like the interior. I do not like the shifter on the console and that start/stop technology is a big turn off though. Tundra I've looked at but as far as comfort and driving they seem to come out last in all the rankings and testing of the others. Tough decision.
    You can get the shifter on the column and the auto stop is not big deal. I have a 2018 and don't notice it much. You also can turn it off.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
    You can get the shifter on the column and the auto stop is not big deal. I have a 2018 and don't notice it much. You also can turn it off.
    I have an 18 F150 as well, I personally love the shifter on the center console but I do dislike the auto start/stop feature. Yes you can turn it off but it comes on each time you start the truck. I wish I could permanently disable it as it is the one thing I hate about my truck, other than that I absolutely love my truck, major upgrade over the 07 F150 I traded in for it.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman469 View Post
    I have an 18 F150 as well, I personally love the shifter on the center console but I do dislike the auto start/stop feature. Yes you can turn it off but it comes on each time you start the truck. I wish I could permanently disable it as it is the one thing I hate about my truck, other than that I absolutely love my truck, major upgrade over the 07 F150 I traded in for it.
    Isn't every brand doing this now? My newer Durango has it as well. There's a way to turn it off but they'll be a light on the dash that stays on. I agree with you, I can't stand that feature.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    You must have paid cash for the initial investment, and even then you're not that far ahead after about 8 years. These threads always amaze me, I work for Ford and everybody on this forum gets a better deal on vehicles than I do.
    I can't speak to Ford employee pricing or Ford deals, I have never bought a Ford. What I do know is, I buy in Oct-Dec every time and always get the max incentives and the lowest interest rate, and never pay anything close to msrp, I don't even look at it as I have never gotten less than 8k off of it, and as much as 12k. I did save up a bunch back in 04 when I purchased my first brand new truck, so I have rolled that equity in each time and never have to finance even half the purchase price. Of course the dealer loves me and guys like me that buy every 3 years, no different than any other business in that respect. I receive an auto allowance at work and need a newer vehicle as a condition of receiving it, I am not trying to "get ahead". I'm just saying, not everyone that is driving a new truck has a huge payment, is overextended, ect like everyone on here is always saying.
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

Ram 1500 Quad Cab V8 Hemi can be had for $29K around here. All other brands go up from there

10. Member
    No doubt, vehicles are insanely priced. Buying used always helps, especially if time is on your side and you're a little patient.

My '16 4Runner is losing about $4k a year, and they're consistently ranked among the top vehicles in resale by JD Power. What a lousy "investment"

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I've been truck shopping for the last few weeks and have found a TON of 2018 and 2019 trucks, of all brands... between $35 and $40k. I drive a 2008 Tundra that is still in like new condition, except for the 146k miles on the odometer and have been trying to decide what to get next. I think I have it narrowed down to two or three, an exact replacement of what I have now in the Tundra, a 2019 F150 with the Eco-boost that was listed for $37k, and a 2018 Chevy Silverado that is still new and reduced to $35k. I'm planning to take the rest of the week off and test drive each one before I make my final decision but I hope to come home with one of the three sometime later this week.
    Stick with Toyota! That’s all I can tell you. Gm is hit and miss right now. Motors using oil still, transmission and electrical issues. Go to any Ford forum and you’ll see how great the Eco boost isn’t. Used to be when you bought a vehicle it was a rare vehicle that would have problems. Now it’s rare that you get one that doesn’t!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

The trick is to build up some equity in a vehicle and use that equity towards the new truck in addition to the big discounts. If you can get 10-12 grand off sticker and have another 10-12 grand in equity you can drive what you want. That’s why my 3/4 ton diesel payment is $469 a month and it’s almost paid for. My wife and her ex would change vehicles more often than changing underwear and she is still upside down in her current one. Her payments are way higher than mine and I’ve had to teach her that you can’t be rolling over a balance into a new vehicle every year without incurring huge payments. She also paid sticker price on new vehicles until she met me. She is no longer allowed to go to a car dealership without me.

13. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Boat prices are as bad or worse. I’d much rather pay that for a truck than a boat. Truck is a year around vehicle and gets much more use. What I can’t see paying is 50k or more on a boat that gets used only a day or two a week if you live somewhere it’s warm enough to fish year around.

Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post

My '16 4Runner is losing about $4k a year, and they're consistently ranked among the top vehicles in resale by JD Power. What a lousy "investment"
    Prices on used Toyota 4Runners on Craigslist, Autotrader, etc is crazy. Might as well buy new with a warranty for what people are asking on their used 4Runner!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    No doubt, vehicles are insanely priced. Buying used always helps, especially if time is on your side and you're a little patient.

Yep, just like ANY other vehicle you might buy and are going to drive.

Both our AWD 4Runners brought about 53% of retail at the 80,000'sh mile mark we got rid of them.

16. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    I look at what people have and always wonder how they do it. They must save nothing for retirement. Spend every dollar they make, and stretch every loan out for as far as they can.
    Maybe not, Some people pay cash and save for retirement. Once you pay for one cash and then save like your making a payment you never have to take another vehicle loan and the banks don't make their share on the truck sale.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    Maybe not, Some people pay cash and save for retirement. Once you pay for one cash and then save like your making a payment you never have to take another vehicle loan and the banks don't make their share on the truck sale.
    Yup but my dealer wouldn't take a check. To get the price I have to get a loan and pay it off the next month. No biggie really. Dealer just wants that kickback money.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Yup but my dealer wouldn't take a check. To get the price I have to get a loan and pay it off the next month. No biggie really. Dealer just wants that kickback money.
    A lot of times you get a rebate for using dealer financing. Last truck I bought was a 18 f150 and I do the same thing, buy in the fall when all the incentives are out. I got a $1,500 rebate on top of incentives for using Ford credit. Paid it off in less than a year, so I'm in a good spot now with no vehicle loans.

19. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Yep, done that too. Ford links rebates to financing often. Ram doesn't it appears. My last two were Rams. They came $18,500 off sticker on my 3/4 ton Cummins plus a free in and out on my old truck sale to save me $1300 in sales taxes.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

20. Banned
    Look out of state more south and find dealers that sale more trucks you can make a trip out of it. My father's last three trucks have came out of a high volume dealership in Texas.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast