Spraying Lake Griffin......Again

Just a heads up, the spray plane has been out on Lake Griffin the last 2 days. Sunday he dusted the north west area near the island. Yesterday he dusted between Haines Creek and the Yale Canal.
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 03-19-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    Brad Krone

2. Banned
    They've also removed the Moratorium that was placed in Citrus County

3. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Spray boats on the St. Johns (Monroe/Volusia Co.) last week as well.. Funny thing is, there's not a pound of invasive plants on that entire lake.. Just sprayin for the joy of sprayin!

4. Banned
    Thought the FWC stopped spraying for a while. If they are it doesn't surprise me. The corps of engineers and FWC are as screwed up as a soup sandwich. I always said show me one thing the government does well and I'll show you a liar.... or a naïve SOB!

Spraying Orange,and Lochloosa lakes this week too

6. Banned
    Hey Sean, thought about calling you the other day. Been over to Orange?

7. Member
    They were at Poinsett and Winder also, place is already a wasteland, must be a good place to keep dumping their tanks of killer since there are no houses on the lakes to keep on eye on them.

8. Member
    And the thing is, they don't care. It is now very apperient that they think they know it all. I told the biologist it was a damn shame that there have been SO FEW bass caught out of the St Johns this year over 10 pounds. 187 Boats last week , That's probably 370 fisherman in the north river in early March. 0 fish over 10 pounds.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

We just fished our classic last month in that mud hole, what the hell are they spaying? The hydrilla that is left is in 2 -4 foot of water and not where everyone is running.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    We just fished our classic last month in that mud hole, what the hell are they spaying? The hydrilla that is left is in 2 -4 foot of water and not where everyone is running.
    I agree 100%. I watched the plane spraying while fishing a tournament there Sunday. The lake is or should I say was just coming back. Dollar pads were coming back. Water starting to clear up, especially between Haines Creek and Yale Canal. But now it will be ruined again. Heck my wife and I weighed in 15.12 pounds out of Griffin Sunday which was good enough for 2nd place in the club tournament.
    Brad Krone

11. Banned
    I run the risk that this thread gets closed per the "No politics™ Rule" BUTT....

Could the quick moratorium that was placed and quickly expunged been political™ in nature? Like for instance, the new Governor is just like the last one?

e.g. Government Flunkie: "pssst Gov, these guys donated $$$$ to Your campaign...."

New Gov: "Uh....er....."

So it'll be Your Grandkid's Grandkids who'll get a blip on their RFID chips that the RoundUp™ "They" are squirting now is what killed Us...

12. Member
    Unfortunately I believe there is too much money being passed around to get them to quit for long

13. Member
    I think it was all BS to get us to shut up for a while..

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kadas View Post
    Unfortunately I believe there is too much money being passed around to get them to quit for long
    You are so right. I tried to find some of the pro spraying groups that were at the last meeting to find out their lobbyist registration. In digging in the way FL law is written , if you work for a company you basically don't have to register. It's a little more complicated than that, but that's it in a nut shell. What I'm saying is the commissioners are as crooked as they come.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

15. Banned
    They stopped spraying when the pros were here for a few months because they didn't want to be caught on camera nuking everything. Also, they didn't want pics and videos of burned grass while filming the pros. Now that they ( the pros) are gone and cameras no longer available they are going to resort back to there old habits.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    They stopped spraying when the pros were here for a few months because they didn't want to be caught on camera nuking everything. Also, they didn't want pics and videos of burned grass while filming the pros. Now that they ( the pros) are gone and cameras no longer available they are going to resort back to there old habits.
    I agree 100%. They must of received their spray quota for 2019. They need to get an early start.
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 03-22-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    Brad Krone

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

18. Banned
    Quota had nothing to do with it IMO. FWC and powers to be didn't want to get exposed nationally for what they are doing. Didn't want the bad publicity.

19. Member
    So I guess that is the end of it? After all of the meetings and public opinion the FWC does not see any merit in what was proposed to them? They never intended to stop spraying our lakes. All BS lies..

Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Exactly what I said would happen back in Feb but no one seemed to believe it.