Walked by my boat tonight and noticed a half dollar sized spot under my trailer tongue (09 Ranger z21). There was a drip hanging on the trailer frame forward of where joint is to go from hard brake line to flexible. The hose in that area was a little damp too.

It seems like it is either the fitting where the flexible hose attaches to the hard line or the hose itself has just broken down and is leaking. I put a paper towel piece in there and pumped the actuator with a screwdriver a few times. Couldn’t find any more signs of leaking.

Couple questions:
1. All my brake stuff is UFP, but this hose between the backup solenoid and trailer hardline said Tie Down. Do I just get a replacement from Ranger?
2. The brass fitting on the hose that attaches to the trailer bracket looks like a pain to get a wrench on. The flats are oriented in a way that I’ll likely need to grab it with channel locks to move it to get a wrench on. Sound kind of normal? I am not familiar with how the flex hose to hard line union works. Looks like the flex line brass threads into a trailer mounted bracket, then the hard line threads into it. There’s another thin piece of metal that I can’t quite figure out the purpose of.
3. Any other explanation for why it would leak now? Coming out of winter hibernation so it could have been there a while ago. The only sign of any leak is within 4” or of the flex to hard line joint. All dry from the solenoid back to that point.

Any good way to clean this area to be able to continue to monitor?

Thanks!
Tim