Merc 225 Optimax Pro XS 5 sec alarm

Looking for some help. I recently purchase a Ranger 2015 Z119c with a Merc Optimax 225 Pro XS, serial # 2B110146, model # 1226P73BD from a local boat dealer, awesome boat and the engine read out says the motor only has 69 hour. But I am having an issue when the boat is in idle with no propulsion or I idle with propulsion I get a 5 sec alarm that sound with 5 beeps or so.
    Some history, After purchasing the Ranger in late Nov I went out to familiarize myself with the new boat, after running up the lake and slowing to an idle in the no wake lake narrows, the 5 beep alarm goes off. I returned the boat to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong. Since I did not know the last time the old owner had changed the impeller, I had the dealer change it. I went out again and it happened again, this time I change the fuel water separating filter, gas filter and oil filter.
    I then went fishing with a friend a couple weeks later, he
    backed me in the water, I fired the Merc up and backed off the trailer and idled over to the dock and left it idling waiting for him to park the truck. After about 5 mins the motors alarm goes off with 5 beeps for 5 seconds, the lake water temp that day was 57 degrees. This has happened several time if the motor is just idling. The 5 second beeper also sounded again as we run up the lake and slow to an idle with propulsion, this has happened several time.
    I currently have the boat at the dealer again, he said he ran it in the tank and no beep, he told me today there are no computer codes telling what it is.
    Hope someone can give me some helpful suggestions that I can share with the deals technician. This dealer is an Authorize Merc dealer.
    Thanks in Advance, Carl

2. Member
    The answer to your problem is in the print outs. Ask the Mercury Dealer for copies of the print outs and post them here.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    The answer to your problem is in the print outs. Ask the Mercury Dealer for copies of the print outs and post them here.
    ^^^^
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax