2011 pro xs won’t run!

Guys and girls, I’m new here so I apologize if this has already been addressed. I have a 2011 nitro z6 equipped with a 2011 mercury pro xs 115. Until 03-17-2019 I’ve never had an issue with it. I fished all day the 16th with zero issues. On Sunday the 17th I launched my boat and left it idieling while I parked my truck. I returned to the boat still purring like a kitten. I made an approximately 200 yard idle to the boat lane and got up on plane,
    all with no problem. The boat ran approximately another 300 or so yards and suddenly went dead. my first thought was I had accidentally hit the kill switch. I checked and the kill switch is in the proper position, next I trimmed the motor up and checked my prop to insure I hadn’t hit a trotlite or something similar. All checked out so I restarted the engine, the motor fired up but seemed to be missing I placed the engine into gear and it died. Now the motor will idle for about 2-3 seconds and die. I’ve checked the primer bulb it’s firm, I’ve checked for line kinks there are none. I get a beep when the key is turned on and I can hear the fuel pump engage. My thoughts are maybe a bad fuel line delamination problem, would this cause these type issues? Any ideas would be appreciated! I was trading the boat in this following weekend on a new one now I’m screwed. Being that it’s march my local boat mechanics are telling me it would be a month before they could even take a look.

2. Member
    check basics compression /spark and fuel psi compression first yes it can cause issues
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I repalced the plugs and fuel filter. Didn’t help at all. guess I’m going to drop it at the mechanics and see what they find

4. Member
    Well the diagnosis is in. Lost compression on cylinder number three. The mechanic said he could not tell why but did notice some water in the fuel rail. The gas in the lines and the tank were checked and couldn’t find water there. Also run fuel treatment (quick silver) not sure how or why this happened but I’m going to attempt having the Powerhead replaced. I’ll never run fuel with any ethanol again.

5. Member
    Don't believe ethanol had anything to do with your engine failure.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Member
    ^^^ also dout it
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................