TELEFLEX water pressure gauge

Had a leak from the back side of my gauge where the tube connects to the fitting. No problem I thought, cut it back and reseat, I’ve read before. Well, I can’t for the life of me figure out how to reseat this fitting. Can’t remove the back end with a screwdriver or in a vice. I’m guessing it was factory set on a press. Any seas on where to get a replacement fitting? Yamaha hpdi, so the hose ID is tiny, guessing 1/16.

Or or any thoughts on how to contact TELEFLEX? Coming up short on google. Maybe owned by different company now?

Wannabe...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    From what I see in the photo it looks as though that brass fitting is one piece. I'm guessing there is a compression fitting on the end of the small piece of hose inside. Can you not get the old piece out of the fitting and then just get a new compression ring from the hardware store?

3. Member
    It looks like a spring loaded compression fitting. Use a 1/4” wrench or an adjustable wrench and press down on the ring at the end of the fitting while at the same time pulling out on the tubing. It should pull out,simply push in the new tubing.

4. Member
    It looks like the tubing ring is damaged, so a replacement fitting is needed. The tubing is probably 1/4" O.D. and the thread is probably 1/8 NPT. Here is a link for a replacement fitting: https://www.mcmaster.com/7880t166
    Last edited by TableRock Coral; 03-19-2019 at 09:42 PM.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

get a new gauge that has a barb on it

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Well, called seastar. They purchased TELEFLEX. Tech support was not a lot of help but mentioned they did make a push to connect fitting at one time. I think that’s the answer. Trouble is, I boogered the fitting fooling with it. They dont sell the fittings separately. And mcmasters carr didn’t have anything my size. Think the final solution is going to be a new gauge and and tubing as well as new connection to motor. This size tubing is just not common any more.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Wannabe...

7. Member
    Go to plumbing supply house and get new fitting or a nipple that will screw on it. Power pole uses that type of fitting for their tubing . Bought replacements at home depot.