Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    You do not want a bullet if your 59 and have balance issues trust me . My dad is 67 and would fall out of the boat if he got on the front. I have a 21SS though, it doesn’t bother me at all I love it. But for older people you might not. Just being honest! You really need to go out in a XRS and see how you like it. But make sure someone is in the back. Because evertime they move you may lose your balance.
    That is what scares me, don't get me wrong, I am far from being in a wheel chair and i am in good shape but my balance is not as good as what i would like. I have the bad knee ( ankle ) and I have also had a bout with vertigo a couple of years ago, i think I am about 90 % back to normal from that ordeal. I occasionally fish out of an alweld jet boat and have not fell out of it yet, it can be pretty tippy, maybe I can get Adam to let me jump in his boat to check it out, may have to check his waypoints out while i am in there,

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    That is what scares me, don't get me wrong, I am far from being in a wheel chair and i am in good shape but my balance is not as good as what i would like. I have the bad knee ( ankle ) and I have also had a bout with vertigo a couple of years ago, i think I am about 90 % back to normal from that ordeal. I occasionally fish out of an alweld jet boat and have not fell out of it yet, it can be pretty tippy, maybe I can get Adam to let me jump in his boat to check it out, may have to check his waypoints out while i am in there,

We can certainly do it but I'm leaving the graphs off.

In all seriousness, when I migrated my waypoints to the new units it took all my icons off, I don't know what half of them are. All my stumps I had marked with skull and crossbones, gone.

3. Member
    My dad is 73 and has no problem at all on fron deck or driving up to 83-84 mph

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    My dad is 73 and has no problem at all on fron deck or driving up to 83-84 mph

Sounds like my kind of man

5. Member
    As far as the 21SDC, if you were going with the 300R do you need or have to use the sport master lower unit or could you use the torque master ? I will load it heavy and really do not plan on trying to run 90, I guess I could go with the 250R, but there is just something about having a 300 on the back.

6. Member
    Manual Jack Plate. 300R. Hummingbird Electronics. Ultrex Trolling Motor. Padded Deck. I am 6'4 310 and I fish out of a 20xd and it is no where near as tippy as people who have never fished out of one claim. They are great riding boats and they will absolutley roll.

7. Member
    I'd put a torquemaster on it if it were me. I'm going to PM you my number on TFF and you can come jump in mine sometime when you are in town.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    I'd put a torquemaster on it if it were me. I'm going to PM you my number on TFF and you can come jump in mine sometime when you are in town.
    cool

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stepup View Post
    Manual Jack Plate. 300R. Hummingbird Electronics. Ultrex Trolling Motor. Padded Deck. I am 6'4 310 and I fish out of a 20xd and it is no where near as tippy as people who have never fished out of one claim. They are great riding boats and they will absolutley roll.
    Why the fixed plate ? I run Lowrance electronics but I am going to check the birds out.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stepup View Post
    This nails it. When you ask people who say things like they are just go fast boats not for fishing have you ever put your butt In a Bullet? Most of the time the answer is. “Well no, but my cousins husbands brother n law twice removed did and he said ect. Ect.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

11. Member
    I would only get a sportmaster on the 300r. It will drive and handle so much easier at every speed than a torque master.

12. Member
    Sport master only. If you put a tourque master on it you'll be putting a cone on it shortly.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

^agree with todd
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

14. Member
    So does the sport master handle the boat better ? I have no clue but I do not have the desire to run 90 mph, I want a boat that will run 75 - 80 tourney loaded, would prefer the 300R, talk to me.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    So does the sport master handle the boat better ? I have no clue but I do not have the desire to run 90 mph, I want a boat that will run 75 - 80 tourney loaded, would prefer the 300R, talk to me.
    No, it is a speed and engine height thing. It does not work well on XRS with a fishing load. You cannot jack the motor up as high when running the loads we run. My boat tried to turn a circle on me the first time I made a hard corner with the engine at 1.25 above the pad. I've dropped it down to even with the pad now. If you put a hydraulic plate on it and remember to drop it down before you start running the timber you could probably get away with it.

"An XRS with a Sportmaster is not the best set up . The Sportmaster has a hard time carrying a fishing load an 2 people in corners . If your asking for straightaway running there fine above the pad but are you fishing or running top end . Anytime you raise the propshaft above the pad on an XRS or SDC it’s not favorable to carry a load ! It also depends on prop selection"

"I have an XRS with a 300 w/TM that runs 88-89 depending on load"

That is from Chris Domino at Circle D boats and is the only real world info I've found on running a XRS/300 with a fishing load. I'd call him before you order. You're going to get a lot of info from people who haven't ran one.

16. Member
    No, it is a speed and engine height thing. It does not work well on XRS with a fishing load. You cannot jack the motor up as high when running the loads we run. My boat tried to turn a circle on me the first time I made a hard corner with the engine at 1.25 above the pad. I've dropped it down to even with the pad now. If you put a hydraulic plate on it and remember to drop it down before you start running the timber you could probably get away with it.

"An XRS with a Sportmaster is not the best set up . The Sportmaster has a hard time carrying a fishing load an 2 people in corners . If your asking for straightaway running there fine above the pad but are you fishing or running top end . Anytime you raise the propshaft above the pad on an XRS or SDC it’s not favorable to carry a load ! It also depends on prop selection"

That is from Chris Domino at Circle D boats and is the only real world info I've found on running a XRS/300 with a fishing load. I'd call him before you order. You're going to get a lot of info from people who haven't ran one.
    I really do not want to run a sportsmaster, if I have to drop down to the 250 I will. I was told if you are not running over 85 a torquemaster is best, so 88 may be pushing it a little bit but I do not see myself running that fast very often.

If I were looking to order a new Bullet I would be looking for a dealer with a very good reputation for boat setup and experience with the model I was looking for. Have a conversation with them explaining what you want to accomplish and exactly what you expect as an end result. See if they can provide a demo ride in a boat similar to what you are looking at. If meeting your expatiations requires a 300, you may want to run it by your insurance carrier to avoid any problems after you take delivery. A good dealer should provide a trial run when you take delivery and may even bring a few different props to try.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Islands View Post
    If I were looking to order a new Bullet I would be looking for a dealer with a very good reputation for boat setup and experience with the model I was looking for. Have a conversation with them explaining what you want to accomplish and exactly what you expect as an end result. See if they can provide a demo ride in a boat similar to what you are looking at. If meeting your expatiations requires a 300, you may want to run it by your insurance carrier to avoid any problems after you take delivery. A good dealer should provide a trial run when you take delivery and may even bring a few different props to try.
    I booked a guided fishing trip on Lake Fork, the guide happens to run the exact boat I am looking at Also meeting with the Bullet dealer at Lake Fork, apparently they are very good and knowledgeable about setting a Bullet up, trip is week from Tuesday, will report back.

19. Member

Pretty sure this is referring to the 300xs/sporty, not the 300R.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    250R with a sporty is a waste of money on a XRS/SDC.
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast