Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

So if you were going to order a new Bullet......

Thinking about a 21SDC, would you put a 250 pro xs, 250R, or 300R on it ? Hydraulic plate ? What would you all put on the boat to make it like you wanted it ? How stable is the fishing platform, how well does the boat handle in rough water, is the boat a hand full to drive ? I am open to any and all advice about a Bullet boat, appreciate anything you can tell me, good or bad, thanks.

2. Member
    If you’ve never driven a bullet it’ll be a handful at first, but like riding a bike once you get it down. If you aren’t fishing anything that has horsepower restrictions I’d go with the 300R... even if you don’t wanna run 90 you can still run 50-60 and sip the fuel. Jackplate all depends on where you fish. I wouldn’t want a hydraulic because once you get your motor set right you don’t wanna have to try and find the sweet spot again, but if you’re fishing really shallow stuff then it would be worth it. My 21xdc has a very stable platform... rather both up front or one up front and one on the back. You’ll be surprised with how it handles rough water... everyone says how terrible they are in rough water... that’s because they haven’t been in one. Get an ultrex for sure, you won’t regret it.
    21xdc bullet
    250 pro xs
    28 Croxton bravo
    ultrex
    humminbirds

3. Banned
    I'm running a 21XRS with a 250 Pro XS (bought it last August before the 2 stroke became extinct... I'll let the other guys work the bugs out of the 4 stroke before I take the plunge). I came from a Stratos 210 Elite Champion. Personally I think the ride of the XRS is much better, handles better, accelerates better and top end is much better. First few times out in the XRS I did notice it was tipper than the 210 Elite but I haven't noticed it since. I was out all last week with my brother (who weight 275) and we both fished off the front deck all week. He did say anything negative and he like to criticize everything... Like 21xdc95bullet said I'd stay with the manual plate unless you just like to experiment or need it for shallow water. Best thing you can do is find one in your area and take a ride... Dan

4. Member
    300r no question, I have a 2016 21 RDC with a 300XS, love it , great rough water ride, pretty stable platform, I'm kinda bias, I'm on my third Bullet, I've owned several different types of bass boats, Bullet is the best one I've ever owned!!

5. Member
    I have been running Triton since 1998, really like my 2017 TRX 21 but just wanting a change, ( late life crisis ) lol, I have run 81 plus in a couple of Tritons so I do have a little experience with speed. One of my main concerns with a Bullet is that it may be tippy, my balance is not what it used to be, I am 59 and have a bad knee. I still have the need for speed but really do not plan on trying to run 90 mph, but it is nice to know you could if you wanted. Thanks for any and all advice.

I’m 6’2” 250# and have no problems on my deck. I have plenty of room and the 21’10” are not tippy. It’s amazing the buoyancy of a Bullet. Now one thing I don’t do is stand on the gunnel, unless I’m sock footed and it’s just one foot to prop up on. It’s the prettiest boat I’ve ever owned and I’ve had some nice ones. I came out of a Stratos. I’ve had nice ones and some with battle scars, but I will not damage the piano finish it has and it’s 11 years old now. I don’t fish any tournaments with a hp restriction, so I got a 300. I don’t always run over 90, but when I do......just kidding . I cruise between 60-75. I do run all through the 80’s when I’m trying to really get somewhere and over 90 when conditions are favorable. You won’t have any regrets. It has more storage than any boat I’ve had. I load 9 rods on the port side, 8+ under the step and the starboard compartment is big enough to lay in. I have a MG 109 TM with 3 TM batteries on port side and 1 crankin by the oil tank on starboard. 36 gal tank and in a Bullet, that’s like a 50 some gal in most others brands, due to Bullets light weight. My 08 21xd hull (no motor) weighs 1285 and a triton tr21x weighs 1970. When you’re talking around 700#, that motor works a lot less. Back storage are pretty good size. I mounted a Dual Pro professional 4 bank charger in the compartment behind the passenger seat and still plenty of room in that one. I believe I heard the livewell measured out like 32 gal. Fit and finish is second to none. (You’ll get arguments on that one by different ones), but ol well, I know how they look. There are many brands out there that are nice, beautiful and fishability is great. I’ve been in many brands myself, but I’ll never own anything but a Bullet. No, I don’t work for the company .
    Last edited by WVBullet; 03-19-2019 at 04:57 PM.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

go with the manual plate with the motor of your choice. you cant go wrong either way and you sure dont need a hydraulic trying to learn how to drive a bullet. no need for a hydraulic unless like was said youre in very shallow water- just dont go there. put that extra money in a prop

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

8. Banned
    Happykamper, when I bought mine it already had an Atlas Hydraulic, I love it and use it often. I like to get in shallow areas and it's nice to raise it all the way up and idle through. There is a measure sticker on the jack plate that you can visually set it back to your sweet spot. On mine when you set it back where you want it and make a run I noticed it will drop about 1/8" but never anymore than that, so when I set it back to the sweet spot I raise it an 1/8" above. If your not trying to set top end speed records I would definitely suggest getting a Hydraulic plate. The difference in an 1/8" is really not noticeable.

I'm teetering on going from an XRS to an SST. I'm undecided if I want to take the plunge or just repower mine (it's got a 250 2 stroke), I'm also wondering on the XRS if I should go with a 300 or a 300r. I'm leaning towards the 300 due to the fact that my rig really doesn't need a sport master lower. I'm looking for opinions on this as well.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I have been running Triton since 1998, really like my 2017 TRX 21 but just wanting a change, ( late life crisis ) lol, I have run 81 plus in a couple of Tritons so I do have a little experience with speed. One of my main concerns with a Bullet is that it may be tippy, my balance is not what it used to be, I am 59 and have a bad knee. I still have the need for speed but really do not plan on trying to run 90 mph, but it is nice to know you could if you wanted. Thanks for any and all advice.
    Not trying to take anything away from a Bullet, but it is nowhere near as stable as your Tr21 at rest. The front deck is not nearly as wide. I love nearly everything about my 21XD, but as I get older (and fatter!), a wide decked pig gets more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Happykamper, when I bought mine it already had an Atlas Hydraulic, I love it and use it often. I like to get in shallow areas and it's nice to raise it all the way up and idle through. There is a measure sticker on the jack plate that you can visually set it back to your sweet spot. On mine when you set it back where you want it and make a run I noticed it will drop about 1/8" but never anymore than that, so when I set it back to the sweet spot I raise it an 1/8" above. If your not trying to set top end speed records I would definitely suggest getting a Hydraulic plate. The difference in an 1/8" is really not noticeable.

I'm teetering on going from an XRS to an SST. I'm undecided if I want to take the plunge or just repower mine (it's got a 250 2 stroke), I'm also wondering on the XRS if I should go with a 300 or a 300r. I'm leaning towards the 300 due to the fact that my rig really doesn't need a sport master lower. I'm looking for opinions on this as well.
    If get a 300 I would defiantly get a Sport...I’d get a 300r
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    OK you talked me into it ... , that was easy!

12. Member
    Having lunch with a man that has owned 5 different Bullets, I know he likes the speed factor but he was also a guide for several years, going to pick his brain about all the pros and cons of a Bullet. I think you can get the 300R with a torque master, was told it is recommended for boats that are 85mph and under, I think that big boat with all my gear would probably be an 85 mph boat at its best, otherwise I will get the 250R.

13. Member
    Having lunch with a man that has owned 5 different Bullets, I know he likes the speed factor but he was also a guide for several years, going to pick his brain about all the pros and cons of a Bullet. I think you can get the 300R with a torque master, was told it is recommended for boats that are 85mph and under, I think that big boat with all my gear would probably be an 85 mph boat at its best, otherwise I will get the 250R.
    No way 85 at best , unless you have a rodlocker full of cement blocks.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    No way 85 at best , unless you have a rodlocker full of cement blocks.
    The pro staff guys said 77-80 with a 250 pro xs, I was figuring about 5-7 mph with the racing version.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I'm second guessing this. I've got an XRS 300xs with sporty, for fishing loads it isn't the right combo. I started at 1.25 above pad, dropped to 1" and after this weekend and what I found on facebook from Chris Domino and another guy with the same setup I'm going down more. A sporty high on a XRS does not carry the load good in corners. See my previous post about this. I found more info from Steve Glenn saying he drops the motors down on XRS with fishing loads to save props. I threw a blade on a TXP Sunday and then discovered my Hydromotive is cracked. The hydromotive was dang near brand new but it was on the boat when I bought it so I have no warranty. I've had this boat 2 months and already broke 2 props. I need a TM but can't swing it right now.

Happykamper runs the same lake I do so he needs good handling in turns.

16. Member
    I have a 300R and it runs 90 mph even with the pad. This is with 2 people, full fuel and live wells and all tackle. I will be running it 1" above this weekend and when I get the Max 5 I feel certain it will run between 93-95 loaded with 2 people

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    I have a 300R and it runs 90 mph even with the pad. This is with 2 people, full fuel and live wells and all tackle. I will be running it 1" above this weekend and when I get the Max 5 I feel certain it will run between 93-95 loaded with 2 people
    On an XRS?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    A 21 SDC ?

19. Member
    No 21xrd which is a touch lighter.

20. Member
    You do not want a bullet if your 59 and have balance issues trust me . My dad is 67 and would fall out of the boat if he got on the front. I have a 21SS though, it doesn’t bother me at all I love it. But for older people you might not. Just being honest! You really need to go out in a XRS and see how you like it. But make sure someone is in the back. Because evertime they move you may lose your balance.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast