Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2000 21xd questions

Looking at purchasing a 2000 21xd w/ 09 250 proxs. Appears to have 2 small lowrance elites. I am moderately familiar with Bullets but there are some things I am unsure about. Was a 2000 21xd all composite or is there still wood in the hull? Is there lifetime warranty on the hull? Or does it end after the initial owner sells it, similar to other manufacturers. Can someone provide a better view of the center locker? The images on that "x" seller posted I cannot actually see how the center locker is laid out. Pros and Cons of this yr & model and anything else I should know. And everyone's favorite question what do you feel is a fair price?
    04 Triton TR 186 Merc 150 XR6

The center locker is such that the step folds up and everything under the deck that isnt a side locker is there. Nothing special but its huge. Bullets were constructed the same then as they are now. The transom is composite fiberglass, kevlar and balsa core. The warranty is lifetime for the original owner- youd only have a tail light warranty if he gave you that. You wont need a warranty on a bullet- the only problems you may have is cosmetic and its not covered anyway.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    If you’re going from a 186 triton to a 21x bullet you’re gonna be very happy lol nothing wrong with tritons but you’re upgrading to 21’10” center locker is one of my favorite features. I can put an 8’ rod in there and have room to spare.
    21xdc bullet
    250 pro xs
    28 Croxton bravo
    ultrex
    humminbirds

4. Banned
    Go over to the Bullet Boats website they've got pictures of a 21XRD which has the same layout as the 21XD... Dan

https://www.bulletboats.com/21xrd.html

5. Member
    Thank you guys, been a huge help. Hopefully I can share pictures of "my" boat if all pans out

6. Member
    Send me your number and I'll send you pics from my 21 RDC, I use the center storage for my rods, love it

Man I’ve got that upper rack for a few rods, but you can honestly just lay 10-12 in that center locker easily. I do that and have rod storage on the passenger side of the front deck. Keep some misc stuff in the rt side locker. I’m not OCD, or very organized and there’s plenty of room for my mess..... lol

8. Member
    So I have been told to be leary of the older Bullets transoms..I understand that composite is wood, fiberglass, resin, and kevlar laid together. Any key areas to inspect on the boat? Obviously the transom itself and around the stern lockers.

9. Banned
    if you find yourself with no rain gear handy and a heavy flash rain is approaching you can get in there and shelter from it ... ask me how I know.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GSUbasser View Post
    So I have been told to be leary of the older Bullets transoms..I understand that composite is wood, fiberglass, resin, and kevlar laid together. Any key areas to inspect on the boat? Obviously the transom itself and around the stern lockers.
    a 2000 is not an old enough Bullet to worry about that.

You were told that by somebody that isnt familiar with a bullet. Probably told you it rode rough too. A 2000 is not an old bullet. The ones from like 1990 with the fiberglass lids on the boxes

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    You were told that by somebody that isnt familiar with a bullet. Probably told you it rode rough too.
    Winner winner. Stability wise fishing how much side to side rock can I expect with 3 people fishing?

Winner winner. Stability wise fishing how much side to side rock can I expect with 3 people fishing?
    Not as much as your 18’ triton but more than a 21’ ranger. You wont even notice it once you quit looking for it

14. Member
    I had a ranger owner fish with me. He was a good sized fellow to say the least. He was sooooo worried about fishing in my canoe he would not back my boat in the lake. He said and I quote “ when I step in the boat from the dock I don’t want it to tip so far over and throw me in the lake.” Well after all day fishing and running around we got back to the ramp and unloaded. He said I owe you and every Bullet owner a huge apology. He stated he had Downed Bullets for years for the ride and the lack of fish ability but had never actually stepped foot in one to see for himself. He said that my boat rode better than his and it fished awesome. He went on to tell a bunch of his buddies too. Lol
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

15. Member
    From what I can find both my Tr 186 and the 21xd have the same beam of 91in/ 7.7ft. Was hoping for a little wider but sounding good, Im looking forward to checking it out later this week
    Last edited by GSUbasser; 03-19-2019 at 04:44 PM.

The front deck on that 21 will feel bigger than your whole boat once youre up there on it

The decks are really long. I usually lay 3-4 rods down on the port side of the deck. I could lay more but I don’t do that. I’ll cast from both sides, but when I catch one, I don’t run across the deck. I go front to back and back to front on the same side. I’m not Ike and need three boats to run across. Trust me, there is plenty of room on a 21 Bullet. It’s like an airport runway!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

18. Member
    Bad news, the Bullet is on consignment and won't accept trade in against the price of it and I'm not in the position to pay cash outright for it so the hunt continues

19. Member
    Well crap

Hate to hear that

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast