Bird Black and white 565 questiion on cut transducer wire and repair

Its old and still works great, until the splice came apart. I am upset because it was installed years ago and the transducer wire was intact Months ago I had two new Garmin installed and was installed in the stern. I am sure they cut the transducer wire by accident and I like to repair. If I cant they will have to do for no charge.

My question is, when I peel back the black wire, their are red, black wire and another wire to I connect all together or do I do red on red, black on black, and other wire on the other wire. If need I can post pictures, appreciate any tips or suggestion. This was a gift from my wife and I want to keep it running. When I did try and connect the depth read 400 plus feet and temp over 132. Thanks ahead of time for any help

2. Member
    I found transducer for this unit below $50, looks like I can keep the old bracket on the boat and just remove old one and replace with the new one. I found one under $40 that includes the bracket but its made for a Lund boat. I wrote the online company and they said it should work. I will take a picture today and send it to them and get a 100% yes or no. I could buy a Helix 5 for $189 plus tax but the old on the 565 black and white was a gift. Would you just keep old one and replace bracket or buy the new color one for under $200. I have Garmin 840 with chirp in the stern and this is where the bird would go. I appreciate your input and suggestions.

That transducer will not work, best one I can find for 565 is at Amazon for $65, have to think about this. I feel dealer will repair or replace, they made the mistake. I had two Garmins installed but not work on the bird. I know they were cut happy, cut my power wire short since its in stern, on my 840xs, dumb. But then they cut the bird transducer.
    Last edited by coach76; 03-21-2019 at 08:01 PM.