Thread: Twister grubs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Can’t believe I missed this thread but the grub that performs the best for me hands down is a bps tripple ripple. If the body of the bait moves the tail moves. It’s my go to grub and they have a huge color and size selection

2. Member
    I've seen those triple ripple and they do come in some nice colors. The power bait ribbon tail has great action and was pretty tough regardless of some of the small negatives handed out because the tails rip off pretty easy.
    I experienced none of that but I wasn't fishing for those smarter bass that will grab the tail and rip em right off. Or the toothy ones for that matter.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    Can’t believe I missed this thread but the grub that performs the best for me hands down is a bps tripple ripple. If the body of the bait moves the tail moves. It’s my go to grub and they have a huge color and size selection
    Has been one of my go to baits for casting for over 30 years. Black/Chart is my go to but some of the other colors will work at times depending on conditions and clarity of the water.

4. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Has been one of my go to baits for casting for over 30 years. Black/Chart is my go to but some of the other colors will work at times depending on conditions and clarity of the water.
    clean or dirty my go to is black/blue/chartreuse. Have caught some giants on the 2.5” and 1/16 oz roadrunner pro series. If I’m casting 99% of the time it’s that bait on 6lb fluoro and a 6.5’ Loomis. Killer combo

5. Member
    I also love the black and chartreuse combo. I like to use as clear a chartreuse body I can get [power bait ribbontail are very translucent]. Then I either use a black jig head or fluorescent red, fluorescent orange jigheads. These color combos kill it for me.
    Last edited by bassmeister5; 04-25-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12