Tracker vs Xpress Bass Boats

Im going to be in the market for a fishing boat soon and am looking for a nice aluminum boat. Im looking for a strong, fast, and durable aluminum bass boat that isn't too expensive but is worth the money. I primarily fish larger lakes but prefer shallow over deep water, thus the reason getting an aluminum over a fiberglass. I would like to have a boat with at least a 150hp motor for speed and power. I have heard that Xpress Boats are the way to go, but havnt heard much about Tracker. I am looking to get something to fish in club tournaments, so nothing high-dollar. Any of you Tracker guys can give me some info about the Tracker 195 over the Xpress 19? Are the tracker boats durable, fast, and have a lot of room? Thanks guys!

2. Member
    PM sent
    Born to fish, forced to work.

3. Banned
    Xpress will be able to upgrade to higher hp, but you'll pay for it. Quick search had xpress 200hp at 36k and Tracker 150hp at 26k.

4. Member
    I am also interested in learning more about these boats. Does anyone have experience fishing these boats in the wind? Do you get blown around much in wind that is less than 10mph? I spider rig for crappie and want to be able to control the boat on Kentucky Lake at a slow speed. Any time wind is over 10mph I just don’t go. I have a Ranger Rt188C and gets easily blown around a lot.

5. Member
    A cheap Express can be hard to find and if you find it you should act fast. T think most aluminum boats get blown around a little.

6. Member
    I've seen/heard of a ton of transom issues with the Xpress boats, I think mainly due to the fact that they are higher HP rated. I have a dealer not far from my house and looked at them before I bought my 190TX last year. In the end the Lifetime Warranty on the hull and powder coat sold me.

Just the fact that the tin boats are lighter, they usually get blown around more than their glass counterparts.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

7. Member
    I have a Tracker 195 TE with 150 Pro XS I bought in February this year.
    I would be glad to talk to you about it if you like. PM me and we will discuss.
    I love mine.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    I've seen/heard of a ton of transom issues with the Xpress boats, I think mainly due to the fact that they are higher HP rated. I have a dealer not far from my house and looked at them before I bought my 190TX last year. In the end the Lifetime Warranty on the hull and powder coat sold me.

Just the fact that the tin boats are lighter, they usually get blown around more than their glass counterparts.
    Where did you see are hear of transom problems with the Xpress. I never heard of any please explain
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    Where did you see are hear of transom problems with the Xpress. I never heard of any please explain
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=249281

I know two guys locally who have had issues with their Xpress boats (welds in the transom).
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=249281

I know two guys locally who have had issues with their Xpress boats (welds in the transom).
    Well crap that post was 7 years ago on a 18 year old boat.
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    Well crap that post was 7 years ago on a 18 year old boat.