Anyone been out to Lasalle?

I haven't been there in forever. Any bass still in there? How is the ramp? Worth a trip?

Ramps are good. They built a retaining wall around it awhile back to make it easier to load/unload. I know from last weekend the Hybrids are on. Thinking about grabbing the bank gear and heading out this weekend to see if I can't get into a few of them.

3. Banned
    Haven't been in a long time either. From what I have heard there was a large bass kill a few years back and the lake never recovered. The DNR site doesn't even give bass a ranking. https://www.ifishillinois.org/profil...waternum=00023

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Haven't been in a long time either. From what I have heard there was a large bass kill a few years back and the lake never recovered. The DNR site doesn't even give bass a ranking. https://www.ifishillinois.org/profil...waternum=00023
    Well that's not good. Appreciate the info guys. I will head to Braidwood instead.

the lake still has plenty of bass. I remember when I would catch 20 sm for every 1 lm. now it's the other way around. the lake has never been the same since they shut the plant for maintenance about ten years ago. gone are the 100 fish per day. I still go a few times a year, but I know it will be a slow day. just stay home if the wind is from the west at 10 mph or more unless you are going to troll or drift.

6. Banned
    Went there this morning. Slow. Ended up with 3 wipers, 3 cats, 2 largemouth, and a bluegill. Big fish was a 19" wiper. Everything but the cats caught on deep diving husky jerks.
    Attached Images Attached Images