GT30 / GT15 Pics

Hi all,

Why is the image of my ClearVü from GT30 weakness in comparison with SideVü? I post some screen shots from this weekend.

160319_1513_00.bmp

160319_1048_00.bmp

160319_1729_00.bmp

Any suggestion?

2. Member
    did you try adjusting anything with the downscan?

3. Member
    Honestly, it was the first day using the plotter with the new ducers. I adjusted the SV and traditional view. The truth is that I did not adjust the DV, but it seems that the returns are very weak for initial settings, isn´t?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    did you try adjusting anything with the downscan?

4. Member
    At first glance I thought they were terrible. Let's take them one at a time.
    1513. Looks like the brightness and contrast are way too low. Keep in mind that down imaging can't show you the stuff farther away than the depth that side imaging does. All that stuff will be under the bottom and blurred by the bottom.
    1048 same song.
    1729 Not much to see on the ClearVu. At least according to the GT15

Do this. Start with Brightness and Contrast set to 75 each. Then adjust to taste.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    I have adjusted the brightness and contrast from 75% as you suggested. But the returns I get on my screen are still really weak, even if I adjust brightness and contrast to 100%.

I made a screenshot selecting the GT52 (TM ducer via Ethernet) transducer and with the same configuration that I have with the GT30.

As you can see the difference is abysmal.

The truth is that it is very rare that the returns are only weak in the DownVu, since the SideVu view is seen perfectly.
    These are the links to the screenshots.

https://ibb.co/56zr5nY
    https://ibb.co/j5fpRj1

What do you think the problem might be?

The truth is that I've been all touching the device and I haven't been able to fix it.

Do you know what the problem could be?

Could it be a transducer problem?

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm desperate

6. Member
    When I look at the screenshots the first one ......5ny looks like you have the GT52 selected then changed to the GT30. And the second one looks like you had the GT30 selected then changed to GT52. If what I just said is correct, then it looks like something is wrong with the GT30. You need to make a picture of the mounting of the GT52 and GT30, add these screenshots, then email Garmin tech support. I say email rather than call because you can attach the pics to the email.
    Product.Support@garmin.com
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If you continued to make adjustments did happen to reset the settings back to factory? If not I'd try that first to see if it fixes the image.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    There are two things that especially caught my attention:

1. If you set the brightness automatically adjusts to 100%.

2. At the time of automatically detecting the transducer detects the GT15. Although later in the screens SideVu and DownVu the GT30 appears.

I also tried to manually select the GT15+GT30 transducer and the problem continues.

What strikes me is that the side view images are amazing!