Good mid priced all around casting reel.

Looking for a good mid-priced reel for general casting techniques(spinnerbaits,chatterbaits,traps and basically most chucking & winding stuff.Want to try something other than Shimano.A couple I'm considering are Lew's Mach II Speed Spool & Tournament Pro as well as Daiwa Tatula 150,100 or the CT.
    Is there a solid choice listed here? I've just started using the TW SV's for pitching and flipping but I'm not sure I need them for chucking and winding.I'm using lefty Curado E7's but I'm limited to 7:1 gear ratios. I know I can switch out the gears with Chronarch e7 gear kits but I want to try something new.

2. Member
    The Tatula SV is a phenomenal casting reel for chucking and winding. I would recommend that reel platform.

Quote Originally Posted by capt1fish View Post
    The Tatula SV is a phenomenal casting reel for chucking and winding. I would recommend that reel platform.
    I totally agree. The price that Tackle Trap sells them for is really hard to beat.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Thanks! The Tatula SV is hard to beat indeed and the HUK promo at TTT makes it even better. The Tatula 100's are pretty impressive too. If you guys haven't seen the Limited Edition Tatula 60th Anniversary reels just released at the Classic, wow. Here's a link, we'll have the matching rods up shortly too...

Daiwa Tatula 100 60th Anniversary Limited Edition

5. Member
    Cant go wrong with a tatula, whether it's the regular CT or the sv. Stout, dependable reels.

6. Member
    the tatulas are great for the price! the 100 is great for all around fishing, the 150 is also really good, but its larger and a little heavier. For what you want to do I think the 100 is great! The 150-200 are more suited for heavy cover flipping, frogging, swimjigging. Message sportsman outfitters for their best price. Haven't found anyone that has beaten it.

7. Banned
    No problems chucking baits with my Tat SV. 30lb braid and lures go sailing,.

TW has the same price as tackle trap and you get a free t-shirt or a $5 hat, also a reel cover for 2.99 if you want it

9. Member
    I think the general consensus you're getting is go with daiwa and I agree. The tatula 100 is an excellent reel and I use them for all types of things.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

10. Member
    Tatula 100

Quote Originally Posted by BumpTheStump View Post
    TW has the same price as tackle trap and you get a free t-shirt or a $5 hat, also a reel cover for 2.99 if you want it
    With the BBC member "BBC10" discount code at check out, Tatula SV TW is $161.95 @ TT and comes with the HUK shirt promo...

12. Member
    I’m a Lews guy but I’d look at a Tournament MB over the Tournament pro. I have both and the MB is smoother, easier to tune, costs less, and is more “palmable”. The tournament pro is a great reel, just don’t see the cost justification over the MB
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp