Thread: Eyra to Caracal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eyra to Caracal

I curently have a Eyra and really like it. I'm starting to notice I'm not as stable on the trolling motor as I once was. I'm interested in opinions of people that have went from a Eyra to a Caracal. The difference in speed is really not a factor to me. I'm looking for stability while fishing,ride, and wondering what owners of the caracal think about the off set passenger seat?

2. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    If speed isn’t an issue I would think you would be very happy with the fishing platform. I like the way the Caracal drives and it handles rough water well. Good storage capacity and very responsive to the trolling motor.
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

3. Member
    I went from a Cougar to a Lynx for the same reason. No more stepping on rods when I get off balance, very responsive on TM. Getting old is rough but it's a privilege.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkertx3 View Post
    I went from a Cougar to a Lynx for the same reason. No more stepping on rods when I get off balance, very responsive on TM. Getting old is rough but it's a privilege.

much better then the alternative!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecat View Post
    I curently have a Eyra and really like it. I'm starting to notice I'm not as stable on the trolling motor as I once was. I'm interested in opinions of people that have went from a Eyra to a Caracal. The difference in speed is really not a factor to me. I'm looking for stability while fishing,ride, and wondering what owners of the caracal think about the off set passenger seat?
    I was wondering about the passenger seat placement as well. From photos, it looks like they have also moved the passenger console in as well and the space between the consoles looks pretty narrow. Is that the case?

6. Member
    Not sure. Mine would be a single console. Wondering what caracal owners think about the seat off set.

7. Member
    No issue with it, where in Ark are you located?

8. Member
    Firecat, I had a accident that messes with my balance now so I wanted to change also but I just didn’t like that seat offset either on the caracal. Well to make long story short, Sherm had one in his show room so I went up and looked it over and talked to Sherm and figured I would order one. Well even after I ordered it that damm off set seat kept bugging me. Hell I even talk to Ivan couple different times and he really thought I was going to like this thing. Well I’ve only had this caracal a couple weeks now but I’m glad I got it. O yea the off set seat I don’t even think about it.

9. Member
    I went from a Puma to a Lynx for the same reason. I've never regretted it for a moment. I came close to buying the Caracal and I'm sure I would have been happy with it also.

10. Member
    Zoomworms I'm in central AR around conway. Thanks for the responses. I think I would get used to the seat quick too. I love the look of the front deck. Southernyankee which fuel tank set up did you get?

11. Member
    Firecat I got the 33/10 tank. Don’t know which is best, I’ve heard toss up so I thought I would like the xtra storage in the back. I’ve had couple p2 and I was ok with the belly tank. As far as speed I’ve had it up to 74gps but that’s just me and all my gear but both fuel tanks full. It was rock solid driving it. Taking back out today to stretch her out good

12. Member
    Rear 2- 26 PM me if you want to meet up an drive mine. I'm in central also. Best solo speed was 76 even with two poles and 36v TM

13. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I went from a CougarFTD to a Caracal, for the same reason, to get more room upfront due to poor balance. The offset seat and passenger console are no big deal really. The room between the two consoles is a bit smaller than that same space between consoles on my Cougar. It causes me no problems though. I'm not a little guy and I get through there very easily. Buying the Caracal is the best boat trade I have ever made. As far as gas tanks, I think having twin 26 gallon tanks in the rear is the best set up. I have a 33 gallon belly tank and one 26 gallon in the rear. Boat runs great, up to 74mph with Sherm driving it. I've only gotten 70, but I seldom ever get an opportunity to open it up anyway.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

14. BBC SPONSOR
    I just bought a caracal and came from a ranger aluminum which was kind of stable but with two kids it made it unstable. I went with the caracal for the fishing stability and ride. Both have surpassed my expectations, the front deck space is unreal and comfortable. I really like the offset console as well because my kids can sit closer to me and I dont feel like they are right on the side of the boat. I have the dual rear tanks and an ultrex. adding a talon this week. I will have some more speed numbers next week.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

15. Member
    Awesome boat, have one as well and love it. The ride is great and the front deck is large!

16. Member
    Just got back from lake. 3 1/2 hrs on motor,both fuel tanks full and all my tackle and cooler was full. 76.2 @ 5820 rpms

17. Member
    Thats plenty fast for me. What prop are you running?
    Last edited by Firecat; 03-20-2019 at 08:44 AM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecat View Post
    Thats plenty fast for me. Shattered prop are you running?
    Running 25 fury that’s reworked by Marks Props.

Looks like u got plenty of good replies, my take---- I looked at adding 2nd console, but I like sitting, retying, digging looking for baits,, so I opted not to add. The offset seat not a issue. Came out of a sk 20 I class, the caracal front deck is about as close size wise. As kitty said, it does handle ruff water well, love the rod locker location.

(Mine is 17, twin 26gal rear tanks, 4 batteries, poles, etc,,, I just repowered with a Merc V8 (3.6 hrs), my first impression, is this new 4 stroke enhanced the Caracal a bunch!! I am sure once a few more 19s hit the lakes, (BassCat may already know) you going to see a lot of smiles, grins!)
    gene
    22 BassCat Lynx
    22Mercury proXS
    Hummingbird/garmin
    ALX rods/Shimano /Lews
    Maxwell Flying inc

20. Member
    The more I research the Caracal the more I like it. You hear very few if any negative things about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast