Thread: Eyra to Caracal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    This is very good feed back on the Caracal. Would I be disappointed in the ride and stability of the Caracal compared to my existing Z521C. I really like the Bass Cat quality, no plastic trim, and ease of maintenance. You can get into a Caracal a lot cheaper than a Lynx.

I went from a sabre, to caracal then to puma. I looked hard for a eyra. I'm 35 and stability still good! The caracal is like fishing from a dock. You'll love the stability of it. It lacks in no areas in my opinion. The offset seating is a non issue. The co rod box is a good home for bumpers and co anglers gear. It also works as a good step for getting to the rear of the boat, or if you have a duel console you can walk area. It will probably feel larger than the eyra in all aspects. Only thing I didn't like about mine was power loading it on the trailer. Transition to the puma has been a little weird. No side opening boxes. It will probably not affect you as both eyra and caracal layouts are some what similar and not traditional. I could get 73 out of mine with poles and the under seat fuel tank.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

3. Member
    What was the issue with power loading?

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecat View Post
    What was the issue with power loading?
    I have noticed with mine you have to have the trailer just right to load it. It can be a challenge by yourself. Just takes practice.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERNYANKEE View Post
    Running 25 fury that’s reworked by Marks Props.
    Southernyankee- what engine?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Southernyankee- what engine?
    Mercury 4s 225 pro xs

7. Member
    This was my biggest frustration when I first got my Caracal. I found the sweet spot with some help from the guys on this board and its pretty easy to load now. My loading procedure is as follows:
    1. Back the trailer in with the tips of the outer short bunks sticking out of the water about 1 1/2"
    2. Get in the boat and put the Atlas jack plate to 12 and trim up about a quarter
    3. Line the boat up and put it in neutral just as the boat gets to the trailer.
    4. Allow the boat to settle on the trailer and give light throttle to make sure its lined up straight.
    5. After I know the boat is straight, power on to the trailer. It usually glides right in. Too much throttle and it can hit the bow roller really hard. Too little throttle and it wont make it all the way up on the trailer. Its trial and error to get it right but it only takes a couple of tries to figure our what works.

Other than that its a great boat. I have a Mercury Proxs on mine and I run with a 24P fury 4. The hole shot is great and the speed is great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I went from a sabre, to caracal then to puma. I looked hard for a eyra. I'm 35 and stability still good!

Transition to the puma has been a little weird. No side opening boxes. It will probably not affect you as both eyra and caracal layouts are some what similar and not traditional.

Now this we found a but comical, not in a bad way. For decades we’ve been hammered by other brands “cookie cutter” loyalist for those out of the box designs and non-traditional floor plans. Then “Louie” discovers he misses an aspect and figures out there was a reason for the layout.

Forever we’ve said there’s a reason for everything and that’s a mantra here from one end of the shop to the other. It makes us smile when the why we do things becomes a ‘man I miss that’ moment.

BCB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12