Tatula Bladed Jig rod

Anyone using the Tatula Glass 7'4" H Bladed Jig rod ? Id like to hear how the weight is and how it balances. Saw Zona throwing with one today on his show and I've been looking for something with a little more backbone for ripping grass.

2. Member
    I have this rod and enjoy it a lot for bladed jigs. My bladed jig fishing does not involve ripping out of grass. While I'm sure it can be done in a pinch I'd resort for something heavier in action.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by capt1fish View Post
    I have this rod and enjoy it a lot for bladed jigs. My bladed jig fishing does not involve ripping out of grass. While I'm sure it can be done in a pinch I'd resort for something heavier in action.
    Surprising,that rod is rated 1/2-11/2oz. I figured it would be pretty stout even for a glass rod.Maybe I need to think about a composite rod instead.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake View Post
    Surprising,that rod is rated 1/2-11/2oz. I figured it would be pretty stout even for a glass rod.Maybe I need to think about a composite rod instead.
    It has back bone but the tip is light. It will struggle to rip out of grass.

Jackson at The Tackle Trap has been raving about this rod and he's fished it around Guntersville grass, Seminole wood, and Coosa River spots to name a few. He has quite a bit of experience with this specific model, so if you're interested, give him a call at the shop - 256 281 6160 during published TTT business hours.

6. Member
    I've held the 7'4 glass, and used the 7'4 non glass Randy Howell version and i feel like the Howell version would be more what your looking for. Very versatile rod!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Jackson at The Tackle Trap has been raving about this rod and he's fished it around Guntersville grass, Seminole wood, and Coosa River spots to name a few. He has quite a bit of experience with this specific model, so if you're interested, give him a call at the shop - 256 281 6160 during published TTT business hours.
    This is an excellent rod, perfect for the grass. I have fished this rod since it was released. Give me a call!
    Sales - The Tackle Trap
    2001 Ranger 518VX
    2001 Mercury Optimax 200
    Tackle Junkie

8. Member
    Great rod, been using almost 2 years now. Does have a fairly soft tip but transitions well into a strong solid backbone. To me it’s just about a perfect chatter rod. Handles ripping out of grass well.

9. Member
    is this a full glass rod?
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

10. Member
    Seems like we are talking about three different rods. Just to clarify jiggerjake was asking about the 2018 Cork Hanlde Tatula 741HRB-G. There are two similar rods in the Tatula Elite line up: 741MHRB and 741MHRB-G
    Sales - The Tackle Trap
    2001 Ranger 518VX
    2001 Mercury Optimax 200
    Tackle Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    I've held the 7'4 glass, and used the 7'4 non glass Randy Howell version and i feel like the Howell version would be more what your looking for. Very versatile rod!

x2

I'd really be curious how they compare to the TW Daiwa 731 HRB-G. I actually bought the TW rod for tossing ploppers and expected it to be slightly heavier action than my TAT 721MHRG-G, but it's totally different. It does not have a soft tip like I was expecting, but is rather parabolic under a load. Anyone tried the TW rod and the new Tatula glass rods to compare?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klinger N Ok View Post
    I'd really be curious how they compare to the TW Daiwa 731 HRB-G. I actually bought the TW rod for tossing ploppers and expected it to be slightly heavier action than my TAT 721MHRG-G, but it's totally different. It does not have a soft tip like I was expecting, but is rather parabolic under a load. Anyone tried the TW rod and the new Tatula glass rods to compare?
    All positive reviews of this rod on TW but I guess that sort of makes sense. Do you like your TW version for chatter baits?

I sent the TW back as I thought my MH glass tatula had a stronger tip section and was considerably lighter in physical weight.