Torque spec question

200 Optimax 1B378098

I'm going to be replacing the lower motor mount cover with the new kit. What's the torque spec for the mount bolts? Is there anything special about the procedure I should know?

Thanks

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If I'm not mistaken, the kit comes with an instruction sheet that explains exactly what to do.

I'd have to go open one to verify... but I'm gonna say there's instructions included.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

There weren't any instructions in the kit I received. PN 879150A90

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Thanks, Bryan- been a while since I opened one of those.

The clamshell bolts (M8) will torque to 20 lbs/ft.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor