Thread: boat shaker

Post boat shaker

my 2006 200HPDI shakes really bad at idle with just putting into gear (forward or reverse)...shaking goes away as throttle is advanced...changed plugs but that didn't help at all. I think it only runs on 4 cylinders at idle and in neutral but put it in gear and it shakes the whole motor...doesn't do that in neutral...any idea's...all filters changed Jan-2019...injectors not serviced...don't know how to get them off...any help with that? THANKS

2. Member
    Unlikely, but have you made sure nothing is bent or warped. Such as prop, prop shaft, etc.

3. Member
    nothing bent and prop is good

4. Member
    I believe on that model it only idles on 4 cylinders, put it in gear it goes to six.

5. Member
    that is correct you only pick up the other 2 cylinders when put in gear.

6. Member
    I understand it only fires on 4 cylinders in neutral at idle....my concern is why the motor shakes so bad AFTER i put it in gear and until i advance RPM's over 1100 or so?

7. Member
    Have you checked to make sure all mounting bolts are tight? I know, simple. But its somethin to double check. You might need tpms checked to see if its set too low at idle. But im not a mechanic...so im just estimating.