Thread: Ultrex Review

Ultrex Review

I put on a Ultrex this winter and I love it. I hope nothing happens to it, they are expensive. But the spot lock and auto pilot are great. I was fishing a rip rap bank yesterday and I would set the auto pilot and it held me straight with river current and crosswind. When I caught I fish, I hit the spot lock until I was done and then back to auto pilot. I love this thing

2. Member
    It IS definitely the best advancement in fishing that we have had in a long time. When it malfunctions/breaks it sucks @ss though!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    It IS definitely the best advancement in fishing that we have had in a long time. When it malfunctions/breaks it sucks @ss though!
    For sure a game changer. When I got mine two years ago, I expected that a troller with a lot more electrical components than a Fortrex or Tour Edition would be more prone to electrical issues than any of the previous cable steer motors. Even with the failure of my steering sensor board, once repaired, it has been fine. I would also expect the other companies, who are likely coming out with similar motors with more electrical components to also be subject to issues as well. Its the nature of the electrical component beast, irrespective of high cost.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S