Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have bought so much stuff under the influence of Matt and Tim from Tactical that I have convinced myself I now own stock in Tactical Bassin

Mr Perry didnt help with the Megabass influence either...I think I am up to 16 or 18 of them now.
    Last edited by Stratos21XL; 03-18-2019 at 12:35 PM.

2. Banned
    Of course I have. Maybe not “the classic”, but certainly from watching tournaments in general. That’s how I’ve learned about a ton of baits and techniques that I likely would have never known about had it not been for seeing the pros use them.

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    What influences your buying?

Judging by my results, I'd say "bad advice" would rank very near the top.
    Who controls John Gill?

4. Banned
    You go out and buy a bait just because somebody used it and won a bass tournament. If you want too catch alot of nice bass make some jigs you'll catch all the bass you want. Very easy to build and colors are endless.

5. Member
    I've bought Redeye shads, SK 1.5s, and chatterbaits after tournament wins. I also bought some A-rigs after Elias mashed some fish with it. I've caught fish on all of it.

6. Member
    Never bought anything that was used in the recent bass tourneys.
    Have to confess though........Banjo Minnow was in my tackle box years ago............

I almost always go with the best looking packaging .

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    That damn Matt Allen has cost me a lot of money.
    ill have to say pretty much the same thing. wife even knows now when I'm watching Tacticalbassin that there is about to be an order show up at the door

9. Member
    The biggest influence on my purchasing decisions is CUSTOMER SERVICE. And my own research.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

10. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Zona

11. Member
    Never cared about Classic winning bait or anything like that. Have tried a few baits based on TB guys, and glad I did as most have been lights out for me. Otherwise, I keep it pretty old school, jigs, jigs and more jigs
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

12. Banned
    I bought a couple of Strike King 1.5 square bills after KVD won the Classic. I fish shallow creeks off the river and they work very well... Dan

13. Member
    I have never purchased a bait because of a professional fisherman that I remember. I have got hooked by some of the advertisements of baits over the years. Mainly years back.
    I have got stuff indursed by pros. But just because of the actual baits. Like when Strike King KVD creature baits went on sale at BPS, I got Wild things and these lizard tube baits. And I have lots of the Luck E Strike RC STX suspending jerkbaits. But it is not because I seen a professional do good with them.

14. Member
    Most of my buying choices are based on the way I like to fish. Texas rigged soft plastics. And jigs. I have bought some baits based on recommendations and results I've seen firsthand with guys in my club.
    John the Garage Doorman

Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    "Win on Sunday Sell on Monday"
    Or in the case of the classic win at 5pm Sunday sold out by 7pm Sunday night.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cullum View Post
    Did you do it? Someone had to. Every year the "bait that won the Classic" flys off the shelves. Some are even willing to pay more then retail to get their hands on this magical bait. I personally have never purchased a bait based on a Classic victory. I have thou seen a bait on BASS/FLW LIVE or MLF that I purchased knowing exactly where I thought it would work.

I know Tactical Bassin has a similar affect on anglers. When they do a video on a lure and add the TW link to the bottom a lot of times that lure is sold out. I have bought based on their recommendations a few times and it works. Same thing can be said out the Googans. They were the "hard to get baits" after ICAST.

So who if anyone influenced your purchases?
    Banjo minnow...but all I ever caught was the lead singer in a all girl country band.

I've still got a huge box full of Poe's cedar crank baits from David Fritts' hey day......I've caught many a fish on them as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    On the water experience and experimenting.. I really don’t pay much mind to others
    This is me. Although, most of the lures I use are ones I’ve been making for the last several years. Now, in my younger days, I did let Bill Dance and Roland influence me, but that’s about it.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    The old Hank Parker “The Classic” spinnerbait was a deadly lure for me! I was in college when I got my hands on them and was a bank fisherman but I wore fish out on that lure! I wish I could find some 3/8ths ones now that don’t cost a million dollars!
    Here you go, same bait without Hank's name on it... I'll take 4 of the 3/4 for helping you out!

https://www.mannsbait.com/shop/3-8-o...ite-p111455477

BBC mostly
    2008 Triton TR-196 / 200 HP Optimax

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast