2015 Bullet xrs with wingmaster

Any of you guys running a wingmaster on your 250 pro xs and having blow out problems on holeshot just before boat breaks over? I heard the gen 1 was a lot better than the wingmaster on the blow out on hole shot. Have any of you guys swapped from a wingmaster to a gen 1 torquemaster and noticed any improvement? Also heard Merc doesn't recommend swapping lower units due to some type of relief system in the trim unit, anyone know anything about this? I have the blue trim cap seals on my 2016 motor. Thanks

2. Member
    I had the same issue on my sf. Put a foil on it and you’ll be amazed at the change in holeshot. I’ve had foils on most of my boats and never thought they really did anything. Whole different ball game with the wing master.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

3. Member
    Get a hydromotive 27 or 28 with full flare on the back and you will be happy. A little pricey but it is worth it.

4. Member
    Get a hydromotive 27 or 28 with full flare on the back and you will be happy.

5. Banned
    Yes, I'm running the XRS with the wingmaster and a 28 Bravo I. Had it down pretty good fishing by myself. I had all 4 inner holes closed and 2 outer holes half plugged and was able to feather the throttle getting out of the hole. But last week I filled the tank and took my rather large brother out and had all kinds of trouble. I added two more half PVS plugs and had it down pretty good by the 3 or 4 try. I'm gonna send the prop to Mark here in the next week or two and I'm hoping he'll work some more of his magic... Dan

6. Member
    It seems the wingmaster is the issue. If the torquemaster will resolve the issue I will swap over. I know the last tournament I fished it really sucked taking off and struggling to get prop to hook up.

7. Member
    Buy a 50 dollar foil and your issues will all but go away

i went down this road with my sf and beat my head against the wall because I swore the foils never really helped any. Last ditch effort I put one on and it was night and day
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

8. Member
    I run a tm on mine and it has a fair whole shot and no blowout with a hydro motive 27 worked and no foil. 74-75 with 2 people is it.

9. Member
    Like Sushi said....a foil will help!! Also, a Bravo with full flare (not XS) will have little to no spin! After trying 2 Bravos, Promax, and TXP I finally installed a foil and now use my the same BravoXS, that would barely come out of the hole before.

10. Member
    If you go with foil, the Chris Bailey foil looks really cool as well! And a cheaper option then messing with lower units.

11. Member
    I second the Chris Bailey foil, it made all the difference on my 2016 XRS. I had 4 vent holes open running 28 Bravo and it would be over at 3600 and moving forward.

Get a bman foil.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector