Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If they would have named them new "SUV's" what they really are, station wagons, all the soccer moms would have stayed in mini vans.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfed72 View Post
    We have a GMC Terrian that lasted 80K miles and blew up. All service and oil changes done at a certified GMC service center. We just had to pay $3500 to get it rebuilt. We got it back Friday and moved it today and there is oil all over the garage floor.. Maybe if they quit building junk they would sell more. Looking for a new truck and car and I am having a hard time bringing myself to buy Ford or GMC..
    Knock on wood, but we have a 2014 Equinox with 126,000 miles on it and I have only ever changed the oil and just last week put a new battery in it. The best vehicle I have ever owned from a maintenance standpoint. I got 107,000 miles on the original tires before I changed them.

3. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Make them better built at better price points and people will buy them.
    That's the problem, it can't be done. They are losing $ on the sedans.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

We all want to buy American cars. We all want our cars to last, get the most for our money. Problem is, American cars are junk! So we buy something reliable, Toyota, Honda, etc. Flame on......

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    We all want to buy American cars. We all want our cars to last, get the most for our money. Problem is, American cars are junk! So we buy something reliable, Toyota, Honda, etc. Flame on......
    No flame here, I abandoned Ford and GM years ago and now only Toyota in my garage. Best move I have made and the Tundra is made in the good ol USA :-)
    Risen From The Ashes!!

The majority of people want Trucks or SUVs.
    Cars have their purpose just too many people are not interested in one.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

7. Member
    I had a butt head of a salesmen once say to me for an American car dealer, what I give you off on the front end of the car price I will make back easily when you show back up in my service department. Start making cars that run for long times with no issues and look at how those foreign companies are doing it. Look at what makes a Honda Accord go ............ that's the simplest answer.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    [/B]
    That’s been my experience with our last two Chevy’s. Things broke on them that should have lasted the life’s of the vehicle. And, then there’s the part about having to remove the entire front clip to replace a headlight.

But, we love our 2 Subaru’s! If the OP is looking for a car, check out the Subaru Legacy. And, BBC member bronzebackfive can get you VIP pricing.
    I was actually able to put up with this from GM. What drove me away from Chevy was their utter contempt for their customers when dealing with warranty work.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    No flame here, I abandoned Ford and GM years ago and now only Toyota in my garage. Best move I have made and the Tundra is made in the good ol USA :-)
    THIS

10. Member
    It's funny that you complain about not having sedans anymore. Wait until gas goes back up to $4.00+ a gallon and everybody will be screaming. When gas is still below $3 people will by SUV's and trucks.

For what it's worth I'm at 126,000 miles on my 2016 Chevy Equinox and have only had to replace the tires, and 1 windshield - no other maintenance except oil changes around 8,000 miles. Brakes are still strong and I towed my boat the first two years I had the car.
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    That's the problem, it can't be done. They are losing $ on the sedans.
    How are the others doing it? Toyota, Nissan, etc. all build great cars that sell like crazy. None of them have abandoned the sedan market? Not trying to start an argument, just not sure I understand why all the others can do it, but US manufacturers cant.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    yeap! Honda, Toyota and Kia at my place. The domestics are hit and miss with reliability. Mostly miss! If you look at the least reliable vehicles currently. The domestics own it.
    Last edited by ifishinxs; 03-18-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Ford will stop all production of sedans and hatchbacks by 2020. They will continue to produce the Mustang in the USA, and will offer the Focus (built in China) as a crossover only. The rest will be trucks and SUVs.
    I can't imagine ever driving a sedan again after owning several SUVs and Crossovers.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I can’t figure why anyone would even want a car anymore. Trucks are just as nice and much more versatile. My mom buys a new car and then gripes when she needs a truck to haul something. A few year later, she says she is buying a truck this time, goes and buys another car, then gripes bc she needs to borrow my truck to haul some furniture.

15. Member
    From what I have read. Buick is one of the top selling brands in China, especially the model you mentioned. It has almost a cult following there. I do not understand it, but still do not understand eating with sticks when there are better options.

16. Member
    From what I have read Buick is one of the top selling brands in China, especially the model you mentioned. It has almost a cult following there. I do not understand it, but still do not understand eating with sticks when there are better options.

17. Member
    Gm is on a slippery slope , going the same way they did a few years ago. This time they most likely won't get bailed out. Just my feeling.

18. Member
    Subaru might be an alternative for you.
    Praying for a Cure

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Keep airing those "Real People" commercials and soon they won't sell a single one.
    LOL - have you watched some of the You tube videos where a guy named "Mark" has been added to the group of those "Real People".

Some NSFW language, but funny.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...al+people+mark

I imagine the dealerships will be looking for used sedans before long. High school kids and such.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast