Fishing on Kentucky Lake info

As the title states I'm looking for a little info on Kentucky lake. I'll be picking up my new boat either Thursday the 21st or Friday the 22nd and wanted to know if its worthwhile to bring and gear with me from AZ. I've never been or have any idea on what to expect out there so anything would help.
    Thanks Paul

2. Member
    Been a lot of water moving thru KY lake in recent weeks as the TVA is pulling it back down toward winter pool levels. water temps in the upper 40's but should be warming this coming week. check out kentuckylake.com for water conditions, also check out what others have been saying on the Kentucky Fishing tab here on BBC.
    My 2 cents, if I was traveling as far as you are, I'd sure as hell bring some gear and give it a go. If you do, look at Navionics Chartviewer online and get familiar with the area you plan to boat on. There are main channels as well as secondary channels you can navigate following the buoys. Need to exercise caution at winter pool.

3. Member
    Lake should be back to normal (winter) pool or at least close. Flow rates are dropping pretty quick as well. Will still have quite a bit of current this weekend but its at least going to be manageable. They have been pulling 350-400k. Lake dropping .50 to 1 foot a day. It will be below 200k this weekend. Water is stained most of the places but hopefully it clears up by this weekend. Some big fish have been caught but dont expect to come and catch 20 fish. If you catch some, good chance they will be good ones. A 39.5 pound bag was caught this weekend on the south end. Yes, a 39.5 pound bag. So if you are picking up the boat around Kentucky Lake, I would definitely fish it. It is still a fun lake to fish. Good luck.

4. Member
    I have only been there a few times. I would definitely use caution on that lake also north and south wind can really make the lake rough

5. Member
    There is no way I'd be picking up a boat at Kentucky Lake and not fishing......the college guys first day 20 teams had over 20 pounds and as stated somebody weighed an almost 40 pound bag this past weekend...plus you are getting a new boat..fish!

6. Member
    Well son of a %#*_÷ my week decided to fall apart for me and has pushed my trip back a week. I guess this could be good or bad depending on the water conditions. I still plan to fish out there next Friday. Hopefully all goes well and I get to post pics of a boat and fish.

7. Member
    Looking at the forecast you should be fine by then...you are missing a nice 15MPH+ NW wind forecast today...IE I will be heading somewhere other than Paris Landing if I decide to go later. That can make for a nasty rough day in any size bass boat, much less my little aluminum rig.