Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Just put me a set of Goodyear Endurance on my boat trailer. Seems to have fixed all the problems. Go my fingers crossed. They told me one of my old tires had 11oz of weights on it, I PUT 60 psi IN THE NEW TIRES. DO I NEED TO GO TO THE 65 MAX.

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    yeap! Interstate speed limit here is 80 mph. Going any slower and you get ran over by the Semi’s.
    Code of the road

Lead
    Follow
    or get the **** out of the way

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Ranger View Post
    Just put me a set of Goodyear Endurance on my boat trailer. Seems to have fixed all the problems. Go my fingers crossed. They told me one of my old tires had 11oz of weights on it, I PUT 60 psi IN THE NEW TIRES. DO I NEED TO GO TO THE 65 MAX.
    You need to inflate the tires to the load they are carrying. Remember to add everything including trailer weight. I have a heavy boat and a single axle trailer and run 60psi in my Endurance tires. They are wearing perfect after 12000 miles or so and I set the cruise at 80 MPH on the freeway. Tires run about 20 to 25 degrees over ambient temp. So everything is good from my experience. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Member
    I just had my 1997 tandem axle trailer redone. Sandblasted, painted with truck Berliner material, replaced with all new LED lights. Before we put the boat back onto the trailer, I also put 4 new Goodyear endurance tires on it. While backing the trailer up to the boat to load it back onto the trailer, one of the guys helping noticed the axles shifting on one side of the trailer. Upon further inspection all 4 U-bolts that attach the axles to the springs were very loose on one side of the trailer. I did notice some unusual vibration going to have the tires replaced without the boat on the trailer but figured it was just because there was no weight on the trailer and it bouncing somewhat. I sure am glad he noticed the loose U-bolts and axles moving. I replaced all 4 U-bolts on that side of the trailer with new and checked all 4 on the other side and they were tight and okay. Will soon replace the other side with new ones when I get the time. This could be a cause of some vibration problems with trailers. I haven't towed my boat very far in the last year since moving my boat to a storage facility in my neighborhood here on Lake Conroe, and the storage facility has its own ramp less than 100 yards from my unit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12