LSS2 Tranducer on 2011 721 XP

Hey guys, working on switch from humminbird to lowrance on my 2011 721XP. I have the standard z lock jack plate (6 or 8in I believe) and want to mount the lss2 ducer in the same spot as my humminbird tranducer. Its directly in the center of the boat and just below the jack plate on the top step of the hull. The problem is with the extended length of the lss2 theres only about 1in of clearance between it and the lower unit when I'm trimmed down all the way. Anyone else running it like this or is there a better location to mount it? Not really in the market to upgrade to a larger jack plate if I dont have to.

I have the ss3d transducer mounted on the side of my jackplate with a transducer shield and saver and I couldnt ask for any better images. Mines a 2009 721.

3. Member
    Thank you sir. Just ordered mine today.

4. Member
    There is an L bracket you need as well to mount the transducer shield on the jack plate. The don’t make one specifically for the stock Z Lock jack plate. The blank 3” works fine. Drill your own holes.
    2011 721
    2021 250 Mercury 4S, Fury 24

5. Member
    Yessir. I called them and they got me hooked up. Should receive it and get it installed on Wednesday.