Oil Pump Adjustment

Few years ago, changed a lot of sensors, reeds, bleed lines, sent off injections, etc. I never changed the throttle cam or roller. Finally did this today and the roller and cam marks didn't line up anymore so I adjust the idle stop. Then the oil injection marks didn't line up(halfway between first and second mark) so I adjust the link arm about 2 or 3 turns. Ran the motor on a small tank w/oil and waited for the oil line to fill with oil, once it filled up I removed the oil line and held it up and let the last of the air out and reconnected, (just replaced check valve).

My question, would the throttle cam/roller be wore out enough to have to adjust the oil pump link arm, few years ago, the marks lined up? Or should I be looking at another issue? The spring for the throttle return was a pain, just about need 3 hands to get everything back in place.

There are extra marks on the oil pump away from the first two and even at full throttle, they do not line up with anything, are these used for anything?

Next weekend I'll perform a new timing/sync/link check
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

2. Member
    at idle first mark should line up with mark on pump, roller may have worn a smidge to allow slight misalignment
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

Your comment about the "Return Spring and needing three hands" has me wondering what "return spring" you are referring to?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

most likely not the proper term
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

5. Member
    why ya remove that one
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

well dangit Joe, I know better now. Thought the roller unbolted from the back since it wouldn't come off, took screw out of roller bracket and spring just came on out :) Roller just snaps on
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

7. Member
    heeeeeeheeeee, sho does

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Ok... I see where you wanted three hands now.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor