Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    I wonder if travel times will be cut down dramatically for these guy's based on the new format?

2. Member
    They will really miss it next year when they are only working the expo or sitting at home. I also think this will get a lot more in the opens. The grass isnt always greener but who knows really, they might all work out in the end

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post
    BASS offered these guys some great incentives to stay and most of them still left....I'm sure there were reasons for all of these guys to leave.
    BASS didn't start offering incentives until the bulk of their talent base left.

4. Member
    Times are changing like it or not. Get a grip people, Take a kid fishing, our youth is the future of the sport. life is all about change and dealing with it!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    There were several that showed they will miss BASS, the money is only one factor, of course they fish for a living so its a main factor for them but they showed they enjoyed and will miss the people, the stage and that whole aspect of the game. In their new life they catch weigh release and then win or loose they all just go home......no crowds no face to face with the fans and I think many will miss that after all its the fans that made them all big names in fishing and that is what drove their sponsors to stand behind them all these years.

Mark my word if the MLF/BPT deal doesn't painout for a lot of these guys they will be back at bass in a few years.
    2003- Bullet 20XD w/Promax 225X

6. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    No way.

In 2020, B.A.S.S. and the Bassmaster Classic will be cold product.
    Why? Because some young Canadian stick is tearing it up?

I sure hope he wins next year.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

7. Member
    Where is KVD going ?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Where is KVD going ?

He went to the seniors tour.

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Where is KVD going ?
    to Raleigh pretty soon..............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady bass View Post
    Skeet was pretty tore up

I missed the "California Crier" on stage... Oh well, outa sight, outa mind... Dan

11. Member
    Most of the guys looked like they got caught cheating on their woman. I’m sure it was hard on them. I can see some definitely coming back. Who knows. I’m a BASS guy myself. The new BPT has too much shit going on

12. Member
    My thought is the MLF and BASS, FLW or two of the three will merge, grew up with BASS, fished several, wish they would have listened to the Elites.

13. Member
    Just read about the BPT. They can’t come back to BASS as they signed a 3 yr contract to be in BPT/MLF.

Zona and Hite (and their guests) were watching the same live fishing we were watching, and talking about it. Sometimes in detail, sometime with humor, sometime directly with the competitors. It was a pleasure to watch and the best fishing show possible.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanierspook View Post
    My thought is the MLF and BASS, FLW or two of the three will merge, grew up with BASS, fished several, wish they would have listened to the Elites.
    People keep saying BASS did not listen to the "Elites". Here is the deal. There were two big sponsors who pumped the money into MLF to get the new tour going. If they would have given the money to BASS, they would have been zero entry fees...and probably a few other things. People believe BASS was rolling in dough, but BASS was sold several times, each time for less money. If there was big money being made by BASS, it would be selling for more money, not less. BASS has many employees helping to put all this stuff on, who are paid, have benefits, retirement , etc. In any sport, it is the sponsors who come up with the cash to raise the purses and lower the entries. There are reasons the money was pumped into MLF folks.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mallison05 View Post
    Pure Class!
    The BEST. Always has been pure Class.

Quote Originally Posted by potomaccat View Post
    Mark my word if the MLF/BPT deal doesn't painout for a lot of these guys they will be back at bass in a few years.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by potomaccat View Post
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    He went to the seniors tour.

20. Banned
    Just read about the BPT. They can’t come back to BASS as they signed a 3 yr contract to be in BPT/MLF.
    You read wrong

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast