Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

No doubt.....KVD misses BASS

Listen to him on the final day......
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

2. Member
    Pure Class!

More than just KVD
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Yep

5. Member
    It’s got to be tough. But in all reality if bass would have listened to the pros over the last couple years. No one would be in this position.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

6. Member
    I saw a guy make a classy speech and thank the people that got him there. He has a lot of history and I think he wanted to perform better than he did.
    Sure it was nostalgic but a lot here are projecting their own feelings on the anglers in my opinion.

No way.

In 2020, B.A.S.S. and the Bassmaster Classic will be cold product.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    I saw a guy make a classy speech and thank the people that got him there. He has a lot of history and I think he wanted to perform better than he did.
    Sure it was nostalgic but a lot here are projecting their own feelings on the anglers in my opinion.
    Well said sir

9. huskyjerk
    BASS offered these guys some great incentives to stay and most of them still left....I'm sure there were reasons for all of these guys to leave.

10. Member
    They left because BASS wouldn't listen. Then BASS realized they were in trouble and tried covering their tracks but it was too late.

Good luck to all who left and good luck to the future of BASS

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post
    BASS offered these guys some great incentives to stay and most of them still left....I'm sure there were reasons for all of these guys to leave.
    Nope
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    They left because BASS wouldn't listen. Then BASS realized they were in trouble and tried covering their tracks but it was too late.
    Absolutely

The classic is the biggest event and I’m sure they will miss it but once they move on I’m sure they will be ok.

14. Member
    I'm sure they'll miss the Classic...........but I bet the Classic misses them too!
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

15. Member
    There were several that showed they will miss BASS, the money is only one factor, of course they fish for a living so its a main factor for them but they showed they enjoyed and will miss the people, the stage and that whole aspect of the game. In their new life they catch weigh release and then win or loose they all just go home......no crowds no face to face with the fans and I think many will miss that after all its the fans that made them all big names in fishing and that is what drove their sponsors to stand behind them all these years.

16. Member
    They left because they signed a deal with the Devil, lol. I, for one, will think many will regret it. I like the Big Bass Big Stage Big Dreams concept, now all they'll have is an over produced reality tv show.

17. Banned
    Who???... He's now in the rear-view mirror... Remember Hank, Jimmy, Roland, Bobby, Rayo, Tommy, Denny and a 1000 others???... BASS, FLW and MFL/ BPsT will all thrive and do fine but the BASS Master Classic is in a league of it's own... And the 50th is next year... Eat your hearts out... Dan
    Last edited by Dan21XRS; 03-17-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Yep nothing like winning a tournament and then stare at a TV monitor. I'm sure a lot of people like the new format ,but I watch it when it was in its early trail stages and I personally thought it was boring so no more do I watch it. I'd Rather watch Matt Allan on Tactical Bassin .JMHO.

KVD really was at a point of adding classics or angler of the year titles. He had accomplished so many milestones in BASS. I’m sure he will miss parts of it but a competitor wants to compete at the highest level possible and accept a new challenge that maybe what drives many of them. Tharp stated when he came to BASS from FLW he wanted to compete against the best fishermen. Will he dominate BPT? Only time will tell but there are (at this time in history) the best of two tours less a few names that are all starting on a level playing field and at the beginning. As the movie line in Hoosiers “a winner always wants the ball” he and many others weren’t wanting to sit back and watch all those names compete without being a part of it.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    More than just KVD
    Skeet was pretty tore up

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast