Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zaldain...why the love from Bass?

How can they focus on him when he hasn’t caught a keeper? No offense to him, but jeeze, give us somebody who might get caught up. Congrats to Ott though. Great river/current fisherman.

2. Member
    Because he stayed in the Elites

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy1 View Post
    THIS^^^. And, he's a personable guy, well spoken. Good for the sport.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Banned
    Wasn't he the highest current Elite angler heading out this morning???... Dan

5. Member
    Oopsy, Ott just put the dagger in everybody

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Could be Dan. I guess I didn’t think that through. Now open the patty day bar!

Has won an Elite event, usually finishes high in AOY race, personable, well spoken, was first guy to step up and stay with BASS after getting BPT invite. He was very vocal about why he chose to stay and practices what he preaches in regards to coming up through the ranks. Locally he is a HUGE supporter of HS fishing and local anglers trying to get to the next level. He gives a lot of time and gear to others to help them. Genuine good guy.

8. Member
    I don't even think he had a choice but to stay. Didn't get an invite did he? I have nothing bad to say about him just wondering

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Has won an Elite event, usually finishes high in AOY race, personable, well spoken, was first guy to step up and stay with BASS after getting BPT invite. He was very vocal about why he chose to stay and practices what he preaches in regards to coming up through the ranks. Locally he is a HUGE supporter of HS fishing and local anglers trying to get to the next level. He gives a lot of time and gear to others to help them. Genuine good guy.
    Glad he is a good guy. Was just wondering why he got so much camera time today when he was struggling. I know he was on top coming in to today. Good for him I guess. Seems to me they could have spent more time elsewhere. Just my thoughts.

I don't even think he had a choice but to stay. Didn't get an invite did he? I have nothing bad to say about him just wondering
    He was one of the first invited. He turned it down. Even BassFan reported it back when it happened.

11. Member
    he did get an invite but denied the offer and wanted to stay with BASS
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

12. Member
    This

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    How can they focus on him when he hasn’t caught a keeper? No offense to him, but jeeze, give us somebody who might get caught up. Congrats to Ott though. Great river/current fisherman.
    Because he caught the biggest catch of the tournament yesterday. The TV camera guys have learned you don't pull off of a guy that caught them the day before even if he's not catching them. Just when you pull off he will start catching them, and they will have missed the whole thing. They know better than ping ponging around and coming up with nothing.

Nothing wrong with rooting for a player that was on your team, refused a trade, and stayed with the team.
    Zaldain is a standup guy, and a great angler.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

15. Member
    Seems like a great guy!
    Explains what he’s doing very well!
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    ^^ This ^^and I was pulling for him

Probably because he had the biggest bag of the tourney yesterday and jumped way up...just a guess, lol.

2018 Cougar FTD/V8 250 Pro XS
    Colin Maple, Ft. Wayne IN
    IRONHEAD JIG Co. EST 2010

18. Moderator
    He is Traits husband.

19. TJNYSNP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The above

20. Banned
    They wanted him or Lester to win so bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast